Chapter 4

Today is the day we go back to the place that caused some of my undying misery... the place where all my 'friends' are... the place that I like to call the hell hole as many teenagers before me...

Before I left this miserable school, I was sixteen. I was the pitiful nerd and the personal punching bag of the school's infamous player. To many girls, he was heaven on earth and the new Harry Stiles, the worlds biggest heart throb, but to me he was nothing other than a prick that used girls to satisfy his wants and needs.

Daniel Hunter is the worst male that I have ever seen to walk this earth. He has no empathy, no feelings, no love, and no shame. He was confident, self-assured and positive that he is everything a girl wants, the typical cliché bad boy with his leather jacket and ripped black jeans roaming the halls like he owned them.

Getting up this morning I felt a pit in my stomach. The sun was not even kissing the sky yet. Heading downstairs in my new clothes and my bags in hand, I saw my sister already waiting for me playing on her phone to pass the agonizingly slow minutes passing by.

Not wanting to wake the rest of the house for pointless goodbyes, we agreed to just get coffee on our way to our rooms on campus. We wrote a letter and thanked them for everything and left it on the kitchen countertop while we headed out. Hendrick and Maria did want us to wake them before we left, but we argued enough last night to make them realize we will not be doing that.

When we reached the school grounds, the nerves kicked in. My sister was always the popular and classy one as I mentioned before, whereas everyone saw me as the worthless nerd that only has her shitty books and subjects as friends, willingly doing others homework and letting people copy her work last minute when they forgot.

Since it was still early, barley anyone was around except the few students here and there, we were able to make our way over to the front desk at reception without any trouble or conversations with unwanted people.

The elderly lady at the front desk greeted us as we approached her. She had this motherly aura around her, and it was oddly relaxing as she asked what we needed.

My sister spoke clearly and confidently as she explained that we used to go here and would need our class schedules and any extra information on our dorm rooms.

She started typing randomly on her computer after confirming our names, getting our necessary papers and books with our room numbers printed in a small font on the piece of paper and keys.

We went to the dorm blocks and looked for our rooms after confirming that Lizzy and I were in different blocks, I did not mind as much, I knew she would be fine here, she will catch up with her old friends easily. Thinking about how we will go about this new situation we were in; I was walking to my room deep in thought. The door next to my room was slightly open, I could only guess what was happening in there that they did not even have enough time to close the door properly last night. Not very safe, I concluded and turned to my door to unlock it.

I stepped inside looking around the dorm and realized that it was bigger than my previous room that I had at my parents. There was a bed in the corner, a study desk near the window to the right while the rest of the room was just some spare space and a closet.

I placed my bag on my bed and planned out my day according to my schedule after studying it in the office. I had about roughly two hours left to do what I wanted before school started, so I decided to start unpacking the small number of things that I had with me.

After unpacking, I made my way out of my room into the hallway, eyes glued to my phone's screen and earphones plugged in, not in the mood so socialize at all. Not paying attention to my surroundings as I walked down the dimly lit hall, I regretted it as I bumped into a hard chest falling to the ground. Groaning I clutched my head and grabbed my phone that scattered to the wall next to me, but when I heard a deep laugh I paused and looked up seeing exactly the person that I did not want to talk to.

You think that since it has been two years later after I returned and can fight, I would have beaten Daniel Hunter's ass by now and stood up for myself, but I cannot show people who I really am. I cannot talk like I normally do, I cannot dress like I want to, and worst of all I cannot fight in front of other people in my school, not even as self-defense in fear of someone knowing me from the streets.

I stood up and picked up my phone, not making eye contact at all. If I am lucky, he will not remember me, he will leave me alone and move along.

"What's your name?" He asked with curiosity while staring at me. I just kept my eyes trained on the ground next to his feet, keeping my head low. I knew that If I did not answer him, he will not leave me alone, but I had to take my chances in him thinking I am a nobody and that he has changed, not wanting to be associated with someone like me.

"I'm talking to you," He said and pushed me against the wall, clearly irritated with my lack of response. Daniel clearly did not change; he is still the arrogant self-absorbed prick roaming the halls of Phoenix High.

"E-Elna," I said fake stuttering, keeping the cover I had assigned myself years ago. Hendrick always taught me not to break your cover if you can keep it, no matter what the circumstance.

"Elna? As in Elna Winter?" He asked me, his eyes widening a bit in surprise. I nodded, keeping quiet and still not making eye contact, but that evil smirk appeared on his face that I despised even more than the devil himself.

"It's been so lonely here without you, Elna. How have you been?" He asked and I had to restrain myself from punching him right across the jaw. He seemed to notice my irritation but still managed hold me in place between the wall and his body.

Daniel is built the same as a Greek god, his hair brushed back perfectly, his facial hair kept neat but still visible, lining his define jaw perfectly. He was beautiful, but under all that beauty was his personality. I never believed that he really is as much an asshole as he wants people to believe; his family abandoned him years ago and left him on the front porch of his aunt and uncle before disappearing off the face of the earth.

I did research on him when I first met Daniel, I remember the pity I felt for him. He is the way he is because of his parents. I honestly do not blame him, but he should not take it out on me.

"D-Daniel, could y-you please l-let me go? I h-have c-c-classes..."

"Of course, Stutter Girl. We wouldn't want you to be late on your first day back and tarnish that spotless record you have, now would we?" Daniel mocked before letting me go letting me to fall to the floor on my knees.

He just stood there as I got up, staring at me with an unreadable look. After he stared at me and caught me looking back at him, he turned around away from my calculating stare and spoke once more,

"It's good to have you back, Stutter Girl." He walked off towards the room next to mine and slammed the door shut, not sparing me even a second look or helping me off the ground. I mentally groaned that I would have to live next to him for the remaining time I would be here, but then his words started replaying in my mind when I got up, still staring at his door.

He said it is good to have me back. Did he really mean it? Or was it just him being Daniel and taunting me?