Chapter 16

Daniel p.o.v

What just happened?

That's all that has been running through my head the past few hours. If you told me two years ago that the nerd would shoot me and that I would do anything to find out about her life, I would've laughed in your face, sure I've liked her a while but I never thought she would come back to Phoenix.

At this moment I'm sitting in my room trying to get that damn bullet out of my leg.

I have been trying to get the bullet out for the last five minutes, I heard a knock on my dorm room's door. I sighed putting down the equipment I used and stood up to open the door, revealing Coddie,

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I shook my head. "What do you want Coddie?" I asked him a bit irritated,

He put his hand over his heart in fake hurt, "I feel so loved Daniel...I wanted to give you some news but since you don't want me here I guess I'll just leave then..." He said turning around but I grabbed his arm and pulled him inside.

"What information?" I asked him being the impatient person I am.

"What's crawled up your butt?" He asked me with raised eyebrows, but when his gaze lowered to my wounded leg, his face hardened.

"What the hell happened!? Who shot you?" He asked me sounding like he is ready to kill whereas I just roll my eyes and continued working on my leg.

I barely noticed him pulling up a chair and sitting in front of me. He noticed my struggle and took the tweezer from my hand, shifting closer and analyzing the wound.

"I found some background info on the nerd." He said while working on my leg,

"She has a name, you know," I growled.

Wait...growled? Since when do I growl?

"Since when do you care about that?" He asked me confused as he ripped the bullet from my leg. I groaned and glared at him.

"Since she earned my respect and I learned not to mess with her." I simply replied, not telling the whole truth, hoping he doesn't find out about my attraction towards her.

Coddie stared at me dumbfounded and shocked.

"You're whipped dude," He mumbled as he continued with my leg starting to insert the stitches. Now it was my turn to be shocked. How did he know?

He seemed to notice my state and smirked while saying, "It's obvious Daniel. You may have told Jax and Jade, but anyone with eyes can see you like her," I sighed and watched him closely.

"Like I said, whipped..."

"No need to remind me then," I snapped.

"Wait, did she shoot you?" He asked and I just nod at his question. He looks at me in shock and stares at me expectantly.

I sighed and knew that I'm not going to get out of this without telling him, I regret bringing him into my room.

"There isn't much to tell, I followed her to where she was heading and spied on her while she was talking to some of her friends, but they moved out of my sight and when I started to move around to see if I can see them from somewhere else, I got hit over the head and blacked out. I woke up tied to a chair with her sitting in front of me. She stood up an pointed a gun at me, but when I told her that I know she wouldn't pull the trigger she shot me in the leg. We talked, she threatened me. That's that."

Shock. That's all I see on his face as he finished up the stitches eventually. It looked like shock was one of his main emotions even though he usually keeps a blank face.

I went to get a bandage and ignored his stare as I wrapped it around my leg. I tried standing but winced at the pain that immediately shot through my leg. I sat back down and I tried again. I walked towards my bathroom to wash my hands when I remembered why I actually let Coddie in,

"So what information did you say you had?"

"Oh yes. So I did a bit of digging with the help of Jax, and we found that she has a twin sister, we think they ran away from home since they have no phone calls to a parent or guardian and they haven't visited anyone that we know of yet, I also found out that the fathers name is Arno and the mother's Jane, they moved to a small town that's not even on the map a few years ago, I believe it's called Brigues, but anyway, turns out that she was sent to rehab for awhile due to drugs. We also found some old police files with her name on. Apparently, she filed some complaints about abuse when she was ten, but the parents claimed that she was clumsy and fell a lot."

My eyes widened at the information. I always saw her as a nerd wearing glasses and oversized clothes, bullying her, but I only bullied her to get her to notice me. I know it's a crap excuse but that's why I did it. I really owe her an apology and a big one.

I only added to her problems when she didn't need it at all at that time, and the idea of her being involved with drugs really makes my heart ache, I wonder what happened to her.

"Daniel? You okay man?" Coddie asked me as I was just staring at him. I shook my head clearing it from all thoughts.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. What else did you find?" I asked

"Well other than that and the fact that she is the most feared gang leader, it even shocked me, just saying, I thought the infamous leader was male, definitely not female,but I was wrong, anyway, she is huge on street fighting, racing, and even street dancing, but stopped the dancing years ago. She is famous for living on the streets."

"Wow okay," I said surprised, but I can't help feeling a bit guilty for snooping in on her life. I want to know more about her but I want her to tell me on her own will.

"Well, I have to go. Have to pick up the girlfriend. Proposing tonight, ya know," He said grinning and standing up. I smirked at him and then he was out leaving me to my thoughts.

Just as I was about to lay down on my bed I heard the engine of a motorbike outside once again. I headed to my window to see Elna pulling up in the driveway.

If I want her to open up to me I will have to get her to trust me, and what better way to do that than irritate the hell out of her, what could go wrong...