Chapter 6

My eye lids fluttered open as the sun light shone through the gap in the curtains. My entire body was aching after the night I spent on the floor. My muscles were stiff, and my eyes were puffy from crying and my heart throbbing at the thought of my brother.

After standing under the warm water of the shower for a few minutes, I wrapped myself in my fluffy towel. I wish I could wrap myself in my towel and hide from my problems, use it as a protective barrier from all the evil in the outside world. I headed for my phone and dialed my sisters number to check in with her. Holding my phone in my hand I looked down at the screen and saw the five missed calls from Elizabeth. I quickly called her back, immediately thinking that something is happened. When Elizabeth did not did not answer my call the second time, I started getting even more worried.

I was about to head out and look for her when my phone rang, blasting my ringtone around in the room

"Lizzy!? Are you okay?" I asked her as soon as I answered the call, not giving her the chance to talk first at all. Escaping my parents will not come without some sort of pay back and with the feeling of someone watching me, I do not want my sister out there alone, I know I will be living with the constant feeling of something happening to her while we are here at Phoenix High, but it is what is best for us, it would have been impossible to live with my parents any longer.

"Hey sis! Yeah, I'm fine!" Elizabeth laughed it off and giggled at something in the background,

"Then why the hell did you leave five missed calls!? Why didn't you answer the first time I called?"

"My phone was on silent, I wanted to call and let you know that my class and I are going on a trip for biology, I did not want you to worry when you did not see me in the halls at school, not like I would want to be seen with you and what you wear to school though. So, chill, would you?" I sighed, a little hurt by her words. She knows why I dress the way I do now, it is not like I want to and her words stung, but at least she was not kidnapped.

I did not like the idea of my sister on the road with a bunch of strangers and when she told me how long they would be gone, I flipped. She will be gone for about a month; a month of me worrying about her safety, a month of me worrying where she is, a month of me worrying if she would be making it back.

"We are heading for the mountains and we're going to study some of the animals up there."

"So, you will not have any signal either? Liz, you know I do not like the idea of this right?"

"Whatever, Elna. You are not my mother she does not give a shit about me so why should you? Besides, attending events and projects like this is exactly why people like me and know about me. You should try it sometime."

"I care because I am your sister. But you know what? Fine. Be safe and do not get hurt, call if you can."

"Hey, I gotta go. Talk to ya later!" My sister hung up before I could say anything else. I heard a few people laughing and talking in the background before she hung up, she is probably on the bus already. I hate how she is so easy going with our situation. It is like she becomes a different person when she is with her friends, or maybe she becomes someone different around me? My sister is my everything and I love her, I do not want to lose her and go through the pain of losing yet another family member.

I had to get my mind off these racing thoughts going on in my mind. If my sister is going on with her life, why can I not? I need to start pulling myself together and the only way I can see myself doing that is doing what I used to do here. There is no school today so it is the perfect opportunity to go fighting. Packing extra clothes to change into when I am there, I got my gym bag and made sure that I had my hand wraps and hoody. I put my fake glasses on and headed out the door.