Chapter 33

After a good night's sleep, I drank my coffee in the meeting room. I was going over the people that we wanted to involve in the plan. I'm making sure that their reputations are clean...

Well as clean as it can be,

I've been at it for the past three hours and most of them seem to check out. Sighing, I decided to go and visit my dad. He's taking Jase's death pretty bad, but he's coping. The plan about taking Paul down is probably fueling him, he most likely sees it as a revenge plan.

Walking up to his door, I knocked three times. Waiting for a bit I decided to open the door after not getting a response. Entering his room shocked me. It was a mess. There were beer bottles scattered on the floor, his bed was a mess, his room was dark and my dad was laying on the floor unconscious with his gun a few millimeters away from his hand.

Gasping, I immediately assume the worst I ran to him and checked his pulse. I sighed in relief when I felt a steady pulse. I took the gun and tucked it in my shorts, covering it with my tank top before deciding that I can't leave my dad like this. I woke him up but much to my dismay he grabbed my neck pinning me to the ground, probably thinking that I'm an intruder. I lifted my hands in surrender, my eyes widening not expecting him to attack me.

"Shit, sorry honey," He apologized and took his hand away,

"It's fine,"

"What are you doing here?"

"Well I wanted to check up on you, how are you?" I asked as he rubbed his temples while standing up.

"I'm good," He gave a small smile and helped me stand,

"You and I both know that's a lie, go take a shower. I'll clean up here," He gave me a sad smile and I returned it as he walked to his bathroom.

Grabbing a random plastic bag in the corner of his room I started to through the beer bottles in it making the room look a bit better. Next, I made the bed but stopped when I saw a photo frame in between the covers. I picked it up and saw two men with women, one each of their arms in it. Recognizing two people, my dad, and Jase. Jase was kissing one of the women on the cheek and my dad did the same to the other.

It was probably Jase's wife and my mom. I put the frame down and finished the bed just as my dad entered the room looking better. Walking over to the curtains I pulled it open and came face to face with a beautiful green garden.

"Your mom and Dallas planted that," He said smiling at a memory. "I'm sorry, I'll close it if you want me to?" I said quickly feeling bad,

"No, it's fine. It's nice to see it again for a change." He said and walked back to his bed sighing as he put his head in his hands. He took the photo frame I placed down on his bedside table and looked at it.

"We were best friends for as long as I can remember. Dallas died in a car accident a few months before your mom went missing. That was not a good year for us," He gave a humorless laugh and I moved towards him sitting down on the spot beside him.

"And now Jase is gone as well. The car accident wasn't an accident either. Someone from the Terror gang rammed her car and after what we found out a few days ago about them being partners with Paul... Paul killed all of them. The least we can do is return the favor," He said and I chuckled,

"Oh, believe me, I will personally put a bullet in his skull."

He laughed and then took my hand in his, "What's bothering you? I told you what bothered me and honestly, I'm feeling better. It might help you as well,"

I looked into his eyes and sighed, "It's Daniel,"

"What did he do? Did he hurt you?" He asked me starting to tense,

"No, no, he has been great. It's just, he asked me to be his girlfriend,"

"What's the problem then? Don't you like him? Why aren't you happy?" He prodded, relaxing a bit,

"I do and I am, but that's the problem. I like him a lot, but I guess I'm just scared,"

"Scared of what? Scared of him leaving you, scared he's using you, or are you scared he's going to get hurt?"

"All of them and more. I don't want him to get killed by people that are hunting me down, I don't want him to get hurt because of me," You said looking at your dad,

"Hun, he wouldn't have asked you if he wasn't sure. He can look after himself. When did he ask you?"

"He asked me two days ago,"

"I know you are scared, but you will have to give him an answer." He smiled sadly, and I nodded kissing him on the cheek, before standing up.

"By the way, everyone said they will be here tomorrow for the meeting. I checked their profiles so they seem to be trustworthy as can be."

"Oh and your gun," I said handing it to him as I took the bag full of beer bottles with me.

"Why did you have it?"

"You were passed out on the floor with your gun in your hand, why wouldn't I take it? And if I ever see this room like it was again, I will blow it up," He laughed and nodded while I smiled and walked out to my room after putting the bag in my hands down in the kitchen.

****

"Where were you?" Daniel asked as I walked in,

"I had a talk with my dad,"

"Oh, okay," He said smiling and typing on my laptop.

"What are you doing?"

"I, lovely Elna, just finished editing your essay. You can now send it in and your marks will be completed. So that's one thing ticked of your list." I stared at him in shock. "Are you serious?"

"Yip,"

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I took the laptop and finally send it in. I looked over at Daniel and grinned. Laughing he stood up and headed for the door.

I took a deep breath and grabbed his wrist pulling him to me.

"Elna, what the-" He started confused, but me being me, I cut him off with a kiss,

"I'm sorry I've been making you wait, but I was scared, I am scared. But if you are sure about this...then yes. Yes, I'll gladly be yours." I blurted out. He stared at me and then his face just brightened. He picked me up kissed me before trapping me in a hug.

"Daniel-can't. Breath." He quickly let go of me and started to chuckle,

"Before I forget, the gang leaders are going to be here tomorrow," I said not bothering to hide my smile.

"Okay, let's go get everything ready then," He said taking my hand in his and walking out,