Chapter 39

The fight began with a bang. Quite literally. Paul started it by firing his gun straight up at the ceiling, causing everyone to freak and pulling their triggers. Hendrick always taught me that killing was wrong but if we don't have any other way out, it's the only option. Wither it is using a gun, knife or physical contact, you had to do what you could in order to survive, and right now that was what we were all doing.

"There was already a lot of bloodshed as people shot in random directions. Bullet after bullet was fired, and one by one people fell. Some injured able to stand and continue, while others weren't so lucky. I didn't have time to watch as people were falling to the ground, I had three thoughts on my mind right now, one, to look out for my family and friends and help them if it was needed. Two, stay alive, and then last but not least, three. Kill Paul and put an end to this before it gets even more out of hand.

Soon enough I saw Rob wrestling someone, each of them a gun in hand. He was about to pull the trigger after somehow managing to aim it at my uncle so without a second thought I aimed at the enemy and shot. Of course, I thought about him having a family and everything, but trying to shoot mine, will get you killed. There wasn't any time to sulk and sob about people you shot or about how many were killed in front of you, you would die if you did. It was survival of the fittest now, and I sure as hell ain't getting killed today.

"Thanks, E!" I heard Rob shout, pulling me out of thought as I punched someone in the jaw after he charged me.

"No problem!"

This went on for who knows how long. Gunshots, punching, kicking, dying... and so far I only got a scratch from a bullet barely missing me. The guy behind me wasn't so lucky. Some of Paul's men looked like they didn't know what they were doing. I don't know if they were just scared and shocked or if they just didn't know how to fight. They were shooting their own men! Maybe they didn't get enough training? But our team, on the other hand, we were on a role. We made shot after shot, punch after punch, our team looked like they have had more experience with fights than the others. Now that I looked at the different sides, I noticed that the opposing side exists mostly of young people, whereas our team as different ages ranging from sixteen to fifty-eight. So my theory of us being more experienced could be true...

"Duck!" I heard an all too familiar voice yell at me,

I quickly did as I was told, ducking low and narrowly missing a knife being thrown my way. I looked at Daniel in relief as I watched him shoot the guy that had attacked me. "Thanks 'Bad Boy'!" I yelled as I hit a girl with full force as she was running to a member of my gang.

"Anytime 'Stutter Girl'!" He yelled back and grinned before we returned to the fight.

Looking around, we were winning. There were only about twenty more people of the enemy gang that we could see. I looked around and saw Nathan and Daniel. All three of us looked at each other and then nodded, silently agreeing with our eyes. We aimed our guns at the remaining people and started shooting from the sides. One by one fell and we noticed a lot of them running out the doors probably to warn the rest. But what they didn't know was that there were people waiting for them outside as well.

Hearing something metallic fall in the corner of the building we looked up and saw Paul Running up the steps to the second floor. "Go, I'll get him. He's not getting away from me this time. You guys sort out the people outside."

"No way are you going after him alone! I'll go with you!" My dad said. I sighed and agreed, knowing that we were wasting time if we argued. So running after my dad, we made our way up the stairs after Paul, the rest of the group running outside.

"I'll admit, I did not expect that to happen." We heard Paul chuckle from somewhere in the area. We kept our guns loaded and aimed it around every corner in case he might be hiding there.

"Well I'm not the little girl you used to abuse idiot, so what did you expect? I grew up with torture and death, because of you. You only have yourself to blame for this." I said when I started seeing his silhouette in one of the aisles in the room. Motioning to my father he nodded and slipped around to the other side.

"You obviously did a better job with your team, maybe we should team up, we could form a strong nation. Think about it, Elna,"

Pressing my gun to his head, I saw him freeze. My dad walking up to him from the front,

"I would rather die!" I spit at him,

"Too bad. But your wish is my command. Should have taken the offer," He said in disappointment as he pulled out a remote,

"This place is lined up with bombs. One press and this building will explode in a matter of seconds," He said in amusement. I looked around and saw some cable ties on a shelf next to me, I grabbed them and without Paul expecting it, I tackled him to the ground pressing his wrist against the cold hard floor. "Take it!" I yelled at my dad, he quickly grabbed the remote and helped me tie Paul's hands a pipe that was connected to the wall.

Just then the doors clamped shut. We looked at the demon that was tied up and saw him smirking, "Told you, you should have taken the offer. I added some improvements to the building. We have about thirty seconds before we blow up," He said grinning.

"The window!" My dad said suddenly. I looked around and saw the window. My dad ran over and broke it with his elbow, smoothening the edges out a bit, clearing the glass from the frame.

"It's not that high. We can jump..." I was about to run to him when I tripped and fell face first onto the ground. I turned around and saw Paul holding my ankle with his legs.

"I'll see you in hell Elna,"

"It. Was. Fun. While. It Lasted!" I said in between kicks. When I was finally free I ran over to my dad and we jumped. We jumped just in time when we saw the building being engulfed by flames and smoke when we landed in a bush. Groaning in pain I said, "This is some major deja vu..."

Then I heard his chuckle. I shot up and hugged Daniel, after helping my dad up of course.

"Did everyone make it out?"

"We had about twenty-five casualties and seven injured. We send the injured to the medical room back at the house."

"That's not bad compared to the loss the others had."

"Not at all." He said smiling. I hugged him again but this time everything seemed to fall into slow motion. I saw the leader of the Terror gang pointing a gun at Daniel's back ready to shoot. I pushed him to the side and got my gun from my pocket so quickly that I shot at the same time the other guy did. Both of our bullets fired, but only one had shot the target we wanted it to.

The leader fell to the ground at the same time a pair of arms wrapped around my waist catching me before I hit the floor myself.

Time seemed to return and I became aware of a pain in my stomach. He shot me! My breathing came out in pants when I realized my breathing was getting slower and slower with each passing second,

"Elna!" I heard people yell, I could make out the voices of my dad, my uncle, my brother, and Daniel,

"What were you thinking! Why would you do that!?" Daniel yelled and tears looked like it was filling his eyes,

"He was going to shoot you, but guess I will have to settle for second best, huh?" I tried chuckling but it soon turned into coughs,

"Jax! Jade! Help!" Daniel called them,

"Dad, Rob, I'm sorry we didn't get to hang much, but I'm glad to have met you. And Nathan I am so happy that you never really died, but please don't leave Lizzy, tell her I love her okay?-"

"Stop!" I was interrupted by Daniel. He squeezed my hand and chocked on a sob,

"Stop talking like you are dying! You aren't dying!"

"Daniel, I'm sorry I never got to be your bride in white," I said smiling sadly as I continued, a sob left my mouth when I saw Jade and Jax appear,

"I love you, Daniel..." And with that, darkness consumed me...