Chapter 12

"Put me down!" I shouted at Daniel.

"You can't walk, Stutter Girl," I scowled at the nickname and wonder if his attitude was going to change towards me, now that he knows who I am. I mean, he has a ton of respect towards other fighters from what I have seen and he has actually tried to be gentle with me while carrying me, although I did not make it easy for him; he never made life easy for me though, so I see no point in making life easy for him.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when we approached the door to his house.

"Daniel. Put. Me. Down, now!"

He gave me a look of amusement and smirked ignoring me.

I punched him hard in his stomach letting him hunch over in pain. I grabbed him around his neck when he almost made me fall and slowly lowered myself as I heard Jax and Jade laughing at Daniel. "That's for ignoring me after I asked you to put me down, more than ten times! But hey, who's counting?" I asked with a teasing grin,

I looked down at my foot and tried to turn my ankle, but as soon as I did, I let out a loud yelp.

"Here let me help you," Jax offered while still having a smile on his face. He took my arm and put it over his shoulder, opening the door. We walked in meeting a living room full of people running around, laughing, watching Tv...

The people were talking amongst themselves, playing either x-box or arguing. But the moment we walked in the room; it went quiet. All eyes turning to us. "Why don't you idiots get something else to stare at?" Rolling my eyes, I clung to Jax and let him lead me to wherever we were going, trusting him more not to let me fall than myself.

I made my way into the room in front of me and followed Jax to the bed, starting to feel dizzy and light-headed from the amount of blood loss. Jade went to look for a first aid kit and retrieved one in less than five minutes, handing it to Daniel.

Daniel took off my bloodied shirt, the bandage following soon after. Cringing at the sight of my hip, I sighed and laid down on the bed after Daniel gently pushed me down onto my back, concentration evident on his face while taking an alcoholic wipe out of the kit. He gave me a warning in the distance before holding it against my hip. The alcohol was burning like a searing hot rod through my hip, Jade holding my hand, letting me squeeze it as the pain radiated through my body.

The wound was deep, and I knew it needed stitches, so when I felt Daniel take the wipe away, I sighed letting him get the things he needed in the kit. I knew how to give stitches myself; I had given myself many before, but I was drowsy and fatigue felt like it was starting to take over.

"Are you-"

"Yes I'm allergic." I mumbled out for Daniel. He informed me that he would have to give me stitches without anything to numb it to give me warning that it would most definitely hurt.

Daniel worked with precision while he weaved the needle through my skin swiftly. "How are you doing, Stutter Girl? Do not close your eyes, not yet." Daniel genuinely sounded concerned and worried, but I knew better than to trust him to be worried about me.

"I am fine." I knew that the bleeding was pretty bad and that I had started to bleed out, I would've been in huge trouble if Daniel and his friends didn't offer to help.

As Daniel finished up the stitches, he moved me up the bed to sit upright against the headboard and backed away. Jade took the bandage from Daniel and tried to wrap it around me without much progress.

"Let me help you," He said as he walked up closer to me.

"No! Just- Just let me do it." I grabbed the bandage from him.

"Elna, you are in no shape to do much. Let me help." The guy in question grabbed the bandage from me and wrapped it around my waist a few times after he put gauze onto my stitches.

I gave him a glare and tried my best not to flinch when he finished. Thanking him I realized that Jax wrapped my ankle for me when I was dozing off. I thanked him as well and accepted the glass of water he handed me.

The room was suddenly filled with an awkward silence with me just laying there, still dozing in and out of consciousness, tired.

Before anyone could say anything else, someone burst through the door.

"What in the hell are you doing here!?" He hissed at me with rage evident in his eyes.

"Don't you dare... talk to me like that." I spoke softly, too weak to make it sound harsh.

"Oh, I'm sorry your highness, I didn't realize you were that important! Disappearing for years, and you suddenly just show up! What the hell Elna!?" I slowly sat up a bit more, fuming, and by the look on his face he knew I was.

"Now you listen... to me Max. You do not talk to me... like that. I might not be your leader right now but you sure as hell know what happens... when someone disrespects me. Especially in front of other gang members." I threatened weakly, coughing at the end.

"S-Sorry, I am just confused. Especially when you turn up out of nowhere like this. What happened?"

"Another time. What are you doing here?" I asked my former friend, changing the subject as I slouched a bit.

"I'm here on business." I wanted to ask him more questions, but Daniel cut me off.

"Can you give us a second please? And tell the others that if I so much as hear a word about any of this being so much as uttered..." Max nodded and left the room.

"What's the brave Firestorm... going to do? Is he going to glare them... to death?" I mocked, trying to sit back up again. "I was the one who saved you. And stop talking, you need to save your strength right now. You lost a lot of blood."

I scoffed, and weakly called them out,"You kidnapped me!"

"Only because you were passed out in the damn alley! What was I supposed to do? Leave you there to be raped?"

"I think we should leave these two at it and see what's going on downstairs." Jade said to Jax and left us alone in the room. Daniel seemed to calm down and his gaze softened, looking at me.

Daniel walked towards me, "What are you doing?" I asked him, but he ignored me as he kept on walking, putting his hands on either side of me on the headboard. Our faces inches apart.

"D-Daniel-" I started but he cut me off,

"Why?" I stared at him, confused by his question.

"Why the secret?" I scoffed without meaning to and looked away, anything not to look at him.

"Secret? More like secrets." I scoffed. "Why do you care anyway?" I asked, while he turned my head to look at him again.

"Because secrets are like lies, and I always find the truth, Elna." He replied.

"Well good luck with that, idiot. Now if you do not mind, I have to rest." I said and ducked underneath his arms to lay down on the mattress.