Chapter 8

Elna p.o.v

After the fight, I stuck around for a few hours but eventually went out the back door to avoid the attention. I got in my car again and headed back to campus. I entered the school grounds and quickly made my way into the building.

I made sure that nobody was around as I got dressed before I headed to my room. When I entered my room, I got a message from an unknown number.

How was the fight? It looked a bit easy for you, don't you think?

My heart started to race. Who knows my secret? What if it is the guy from the garage?

We need to meet up again. The gang misses you. This is my new number - John

I read the new message that came through from the same number and sighed in relief. John is one of my friends that was part of my gang. I have been part of that gang since Hendrick introduced me to the previous leader. He took me under his wing and taught me all the ways how to run it. When he passed a few years later, I took over for him, but I decided to take a break from it after my brothers accident.

Next time will not be.

I replied and realized that I forgot my bag in my car, so I headed back outside. Not even five seconds later I got another message from John, so I stopped and looked at what he had sent.

What do u mean next time?

He is not going to give up.

You think so?

Johnny boy,

John never knew when to quit asking question, I love him like a brother, but it sometimes gets annoying.

yes, I do. He is determent to win.

And there we go with the names... well then you better train. We do not want some street punk to take your champ title again.

Just as I was going to reply to the message, my phone got snatched away from my hands. I looked up and stared into the eyes of Daniel. I made a move to grab the phone back from him, but my arms were held behind my back, leaving me in a position where I cannot fight back at all. I looked around and saw one of his friends holding me.

"Who could possibly be messaging you? I mean do you actually have friends?" I looked back at Daniel and saw him going through some of my recent chats, his face busted from our previous encounter. He turned his back to me and I looked behind me at his friend, panic starting to full me since John and I were talking about the fight, I had to get out of this guy's grip, Daniel is not allowed to know about me.

I looked closer at the guy, realizing it was the guy I talked to at the bar, Jade, I think his name was. He noticed me staring and smirked down at me, "Like what you see?" But he shut his mouth when realization seemed to dawn on him, "Shit..." He muttered. "Shadow? Is it not?" He asked. I closed my eyes and gave a slight nod. He sighed and shook his head.

Just as he was about to say something Daniel turned around and faced me. "What's this?" I looked at the ground and ignored him but felt a hand wrap around my throat.

"Nerd you better answer me!" Jade must have realized that I was getting mad, he interrupted Daniel's interrogation when he started squeezing my throat a little harder, "Daniel, I don't think we should do this. I mean this is Sh-" He stopped himself and looked at me. I gave him a look that silently pleaded not to tell Daniel, so instead, he said, "This is shit. This is blackmailing and invasion of privacy. Just leave her and let us go."

"No. She mentioned something about a fight. Who, where and when?" Daniel looked at me with suspicion and an accusatory glare.

"I play online games it involves fighting." I quickly lied, trying to cover my tracks. There was no use in fake stuttering in front of him anymore.

Daniel looked at me with a disbelieving look, "You? Gaming?"

"Yes."

"Daniel, we need to go." Jade came to my rescue, once again, letting go of me.

"Fine. This isn't over 'Stutter Girl'." He said tossing my phone on the floor and walked away. I looked at their retreating figures and saw Jade looking at me with sympathy. I just glared at them both, putting my phone in my bag.

I went into my room again, forgetting about my bag as I locked the door behind me. I plopped down on my bed and let John know what happened.

I got my clothes out of my cupboard and set them out on my bed, but I stopped as soon as heard something behind me. I got this damn feeling that someone was watching me again. It was really starting to bug me. I looked over to the window closing the curtains, probably just being paranoid.

I got dressed and laid down on my bed, turning off the lights. I would usually read before bed, but I was just too tired, so instead, I just turned around and fell asleep within minutes.

****

I woke up with a noise in my room. I opened my eyes just in time to see light from the hallway disappear as my door closed, and a figure moving in my room. My heart rate started to speed up as I thought about what to do next, slowly moving my hand underneath my pillow. I always keep my gun loaded under my pillow in case something like this happened, so when the silhouette was close enough, I grabbed the gun and shot out of bed pointing it at the intruder's temple.

"Woah! Chill, Elna! It's me!" I recognized his voice and turned on the bed lamp, the gun still pointing at him, but when I saw who it was, I almost did pull the trigger...