Chapter 9

"What the actual hell are you doing here!?" I exclaimed in surprise and anger,

"I came to visit, but I'm obviously not welcomed here," He said raising an eyebrow at me, switching his gaze from me to the gun still pointing at him,

"Not if you're friends with Daniel and snuck into my room in the middle of the night!" I snapped almost yelling, lowering the gun, and putting it on the bedside table.

"Why do you have a gun under your pillow? I thought the infamous shadow was able to protect herself without one."

"That does not concern you, Jade." I eyed him, still not knowing why he was in my room in the middle of the night, "What do you want? You wouldn't just come here for no reason."

"Okay, I'll cut to the chase then. You're a street fighter, so I want to know why you are acting like a defenseless nerd all the time."

"As I said before, that does not concern you. If that is all, you know the way out." I said and made a move towards the door but was onto my bed, knocking the wind out of my lungs.

"Yeah, well I'm not leaving it there. You get beaten each day, getting bruises that you could have prevented and avoided. You get bullied by Daniel, yet you beat him in the ring like he was not a challenge at all. So why the disguise, Elna?" He asked me, before I escaped his grip and pinned him underneath me, reversing the rolls.

"Let's get one thing straight here..." I started, leaning down to his ear, "You do not come into my room, throwing me onto my bed, asking me about my personal life, telling me what to do, got it?" I said and let him go sitting down on my bed next to him.

I sighed and looked up at him when he sat down beside me, "If I show people who I am, everyone I know will get hurt. I don't trust people with my secrets and I never will, but I am trusting you to please do not tell anyone about the one secret you do know about me." He raised an eyebrow and then started chuckling.

"I would never spill anyone's secret. At least not one as big as that anyway, I know people can get hurt. I would not do something to others that I do not want to happen to me." Relief washed over me as I stared at Jade,

"Besides, if I wanted to tell Daniel I would have told him the second I found out, and I would not have asked him to leave you alone and give you your phone back earlier, now would I?"

"Fine. But break my trust or your promise and I will personally make sure you regret it. Now, could you please leave? I'm tired and not in the mood for any sort of company." I whined like a child. Jade chuckled again and got up, making his way to the door but stopped and turned back to me.

"Can I just do something?"

"Depends," I said shrugging as he slowly moved towards me. As soon as he put his hand out in front of the hem of my shirt, my breathing hitched. I looked at his hand and then back at him, tensing my body and ready to smack him if I needed to. He took hold of my shirt and started to lift it and stopped the moment I grabbed his hand.

"Relax I won't do anything. Daniel will literally kill me if I did." He chuckled at me discomfort and shook his head,

"Why? Cause I am 'The nerd'."

"Other reasons, Elna." I looked at him weirdly, but my breath got caught in my throat when I felt him lift my shirt up to my waist and move my jeans downwards exposing my tattoo.

Jade stared at it for a few moments, tracing the outlines of the flower on my hip, looking deep in thought. "This used to be my moms favorite flower. She loved how it looked in her garden and would smother my dad with kisses when he brought them home for her after a long day of work." Jade continued to trace the flower, admiring the different colors with a smile. "I miss her,"

"What happened to her?"

"She was shot, along with my dad. We never grew up in a safe environment, gangs were pretty common and known to collect some debts. I never knew what my dad did, but he had some pretty huge loans that cost him his life and my mothers. They did not know I was in the house, I saw everything happening in front of me." Jade stepped back, a frown etched onto his face as he spoke.

"Daniels family took me in, he helped me get better and live as normally as I could. He took me into his gang, saved my life. I would take a bullet for him any day, he really is not a bad guy,"

Jade made his way to the door again and just as he was out the door he turned and said, "Goodnight, Shadow." Closing the door behind him.

Well, that was weird.

Deciding that I would not be able to go back to sleep, I got ready and made my way over to The Cage.

I arrived and parked my car in the alley behind the entrance, putting my hoody on when I saw someone moving closer to me. I was about to take my gun out, but to my surprise, his hand moved so quickly, it was able to snatch it away in less time that I would though possible. Turning around, I saw three smirking men behind me and came to the conclusion that they had too much to drink.

"Say, what's a pretty lady such as yourself doing out here on your own?" One of their voices slurred out.

"I would like my gun back if you don't mind," I said holding my hand out towards him,

"A girl should not have a gun. How 'bout we have some fun instead." The second one asked his friends.

Sighing out in irritation, I walked towards him, but apparently, they did not like the idea. One of them tried swinging their arm to punch me but to his disappointment I blocked it and kicked him, knocking him backwards stumbling into the others.

As soon as they fell to the floor, I got my gun and quickly headed for my car, but just as I was about to get in, I noticed that my tires were slashed.

"The hell?"

"You're not getting away that easily, Hun," Someone said, taking my puzzled state to take the gun and injected something into my neck. Two more idiots showed up and held me against my car as soon as I started to feel weaker. As the seconds ticked by, I started to get dizzy. I tried pushing myself off my car and using the last of my energy I had to grab the two idiots' heads, bashing them together, knocking them out.

I ran towards the opening of the fight club, but fell right on the floor a few feet away, gasping as someone tackled me.

I knew I was going to pass out in a matter of seconds with the male on top of me and the drugs that were not in my system. I blinked my eyes in an attempt to stay awake, slowly losing consciousness.

When I was finally on the verge of passing out, I felt the guy on top of me being pulled off. I looked up into the blinding street light in the distance, only to see a shadow of someone landing punch after punch on the guy, but just as the silhouette that helped me gave him one last hit, I blacked out.