Chapter 30

Daniel p.o.v
I can't believe I just said that. I mean it's true but I didn't want to admit it...

Not yet anyway...

She stared at me and started laughing a humorless laugh. I frowned, does she think I'm joking? Just as I was about to ask she said, "You don't like me. You never have and never will, as soon as all of this is over, you will just leave and pretend like you don't know me,"

"How do you know that?"

"Because you like girls that actually wear makeup and slutty clothes that shows way to much..."

"Is that what you think of me?" I asked slightly hurt and offended,

"Well I mean, I don't want to but you have one night stands every other night...with the school bimbos of course."

I'm going to tell her... No way I'm allowing her to think of me like that,

"I do it to get the attention of the girl I like."

"And who is that? Maddie?"

"You Elna. I've liked you for a while now. For goodness sakes, when you moved a few years ago I was devastated, and when you came back I was like a lovesick puppy all over again. I bullied you because I wanted you to notice me. It's a crap excuse, I know, but it's true... I hope you can forgive me, Elna, because I know I should have rather just talked to you and I realize that now,"

It was silent for a few seconds while I was looking into her eyes. Hers hooded and filled with something unreadable. She looked at me like she was searching for something. We sat there on the bed for who knows how long before she did something that I will never forget...

Her lips crashed onto mine in less than a second when she cupped my cheeks. I was shocked, to say the least. Sensing my hesitation, she pulled away not looking at me as her eyes portrayed hurt, but as soon as it was there it was gone,

"Sorry, I didn't-" I cut her off when I leaned forward and pressed my own lips to hers, she kissed back immediately, our lips moving in sync. Her hands found their way into my hair as mine went to her waist.

"Wow," Was all she replied with when we pulled away. Chuckling I brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear showing her blushing face.

"C'mon. It's getting late, we better get some sleep before we talk to Paul tomorrow." I said with a smile on my face as we laid down, my arm draping over her waist, pulling her towards me.

Elna p.o.v

"Wow," I said as I saw a gleam of happiness in his eyes.

He chuckled and moved my hair behind my ear probably seeing a blush creeping up my neck.

Laying down, he draped his arm around me and pulled me into his chest. When a few minutes passed I heard his breathing becoming heavier and my mind drifting back to the kiss.

When in my right mind have I ever thought that I would kiss the Daniel Hunter.

A year ago if you told me that this would happen I would have laughed in your face and walked away thinking that you hit your head, but now, I can't be any happier.

Wait until I tell Liz-

My mood instantly dropped, remembering our argument from earlier. I still can't believe she would hide that from me. I mean I guess she thought she was doing the right thing, but that doesn't give her the right to keep something like that from me, no matter what the reason.

Staring at the bedside table and saw my laptop next to the bed when I thought about what I was going to ask Paul tomorrow. It was a lot easier to get him here than I thought. I thought he would've had put up more of a fight. Something wasn't adding up. He was always a fighter but he barely even tried when I got to him. It was to easy, maybe he wanted us to catch him? Maybe all of this was a trap? Maybe he has had a plan all along...