Chapter 11

"I don't know who you are talking about. I don't know anyone with that name." I said while looking around towards the windows on the other side of the room.

"You know perfectly well what I'm talking about, just like I know you're lying." Daniel answered, pushing his body closer to mine. Daniel stared at me for a few seconds with his scrutinizing gaze.

There was a loud knock on the door, leaving Daniel to turn his attention away from me, "Who is it?" He bluntly asked, leaving me against the wall to go and answer it.

I quietly made my way towards the windows and opened one of them. Looking down at the ground I gulped at the high drop ahead of me. I knew I had two options here, I could stay and admit to Daniel to what he already knows, or I could jump and run with the possibility of breaking my ankle.

"Shadow?" A voice I recognized spoke up from behind me. I looked around and saw Jade standing in the doorway next to Daniel, both sporting wide eyes as they looked at me getting ready to jump, but Daniels mouth soon turned up into a smirk.

"You wouldn't," I smirked back at him and looked back down at the ground, mentally psyching myself up to jump in the next few seconds.

"Oh yes, I would." Praying that I would not injure myself too much, I gave one last look towards Daniel and Jade, seeing both of their eyes widening again, and as they started running towards me, I jumped.

I jumped down and felt the adrenaline rushing through me as I fell towards the ground. Falling through trees and in a bush that broke my fall a little.

I felt a sharp pain shoot through my leg and my hip after I landed, letting me groan in pain while I looked down towards my side seeing a piece of a branch broke off from one of the branches, stabbing me in my side.

I stood up with difficulty, tilting my head back with closed eyes in pain as I grabbed onto the branch. I took in a few deep breaths as the pain was soaring through me entire body and broke off a big piece of the branch, leaving a part of it still in my side to keep me from bleeding out.

I waited a few seconds for the pain to subside a bit before I started running further into the trees, ignoring the sprain in my ankle and hip as I ran.

While I was running, I heard footsteps behind me, coming my direction. I looked around at the area and noticed that I was in a remarkably familiar area of the forest, and if I was where I thought, I will be well off.

When my sister and I used to live here, I used to run into the forest and play with my Elizabeth, but as I got older, and got involved with the gang, I build myself a tree house as a safe house for emergencies. I stashed it with all kinds of weapons and medical supplies.

I ran towards where I build the tree house and looked for it as I sprinted through the trees that whizzed past me in a blur.

I still heard the people behind me as I ran, holding onto my side when I finally saw the house in one of the taller trees, I ran faster and started to climb the tree, as soon as I got to its base, the best I could while ignoring the noises behind me and the pain all over my body. When I got to the top, I immediately went to the door, shutting it behind me and looked around, noticing that it still looked the same as the day I left it.

I tried calming my rapid breathing, while I went to look for the first-aid supplies. I found it underneath the cabinet in one of the corners, but to my undeniable misery, it was empty, except for a few opened bandages. I took one look at the wood in my side and decided that now would be the best time to get rid of it. I took one of the bandages out and bit down onto it, grabbing onto the branch and pulling it out in one swift movement, yelping out in pain. I took the bandage from my mouth and started to wrap the material around my torso hearing people right outside, directly underneath the tree.