Chapter 10

I woke up to a light shining in my eyes and groaned, remembering that I did not fall asleep in my own bed last night.

I wanted to shoot up and take in my surroundings to see if I knew where I was, but I didn't know what was surrounding me, so slowly opening my eyes and scanning the room in front of me. I got up when I did not see anyone else in the room and looked for a place where I could escape but unfortunate for me, there was no unlocked window or air vents, there was only a locked door opposite the bed.

Pacing around the room until I heard a pair of footsteps coming my way, I quickly hid behind the door before it opened. The footsteps made their way into the room and walked in a bit, observing its surroundings, looking for someone.

"Dammit!" I heard the person say, his voice sounding all too familiar, "Markus! Search the grounds! She's not in the room!"

I smirked as I silently made my way out of the room when he walked deeper towards the bed, raking his hand through his hair, and ran as fast as I could. While I was running, I heard voices coming from another room, close to where I was heading. I decided to eavesdrop on the conversation as I passed, hiding behind a wall, trying to figure out where I was.

"Did the package come yet?"

"As I told you before, you will get to play with your new toys eventually, but you will have to be patient. After all, the guns you ordered is not exactly legal. It will take some time for it to get here."

"I know that Jade, but I have been patient for the last three weeks! It's starting to irritate me."

"It will probably be another two or three days, but I will see what I can do."

I was shocked, to say the least, Jade was trading with guns. I knew he was in a gang, but I would not think someone like him will be involved with gun trading, I saw him as more of the type that would take over the fighting and organizing part of the gang.

While I thought about this, and remembered in whos gang Jade said he was, I started to put pieces together, but before I could finish my train of thoughts, I was grabbed by the waist and pulled into another room. Although, this one had windows that looked to be about two stories up.

"What the hell!? Would you let me go already!" I shouted, struggling with the person's grip on my arm,

"I would if you could just relax!" He shouted back. I did not relax though, heck I did the exact opposite. I kept struggling and stepped down hard on his foot, letting the persons grip loosen a little in shock. I managed to use this to my advantage by flipping him over my shoulder, barely glancing at him and bolted for the door once again. But before I could even make it three steps, I was grabbed around the ankle, and face planted on the floor.

I rolled over onto my back, my eyes squeezed shut as I was pinned down by the person that was straddling me.

"Would you just get off me already?" I asked not bothering to open my eyes.

"I don't think so sweet cheeks." I finally opened my eyes and stared at those familiar brown orbs,

"Daniel..." I said without thinking. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion while his grip on me tightened,

"How do you know my name?"

"I know a lot of things, but as for why I'm here isn't one of them. So, if you would please explain and enlighten me why and where I am, that will be great."

"Don't you remember?" It was my turn to be confused now and Daniel seemed to realize, "You were attacked and got drugged last night, almost got raped."

Last night's events came rushing back to me and I gasped before I pushed Daniel of me and got up at lightning speed, taking him by surprise.

I started pacing around in the room and tried to figure out who attacked me as images of people flashed through my mind.

Reaching back to get my phone in my back pocket I realized only now how I was dressed. I was not in my clothing attire from last night, I was wearing a pair of short shorts and an oversized grey shirt. I slowly turned to Daniel and I think my look said it all.

I was ready to kill...

"Who. The actual hell. Undressed me!? Whose clothes are these!?"

He stood up and made his way to the bed sitting down casually, "Your jeans looked uncomfortable," He said shrugging, "That's one of my shirts and it's a friend's shorts."

"Who took the jeans off, Daniel?" He looked at me in a 'duh' expression, the word that escaped his mouth wanted me to attack and drug him,

"Me."

"Why you dumbass!?" I almost shouted.

"It's not like there's something that I haven't seen before," He said winking and I gave a disgusted snort.

"And besides, how was I supposed to stitch you up when you were wearing jeans?" I looked down at my leg and saw that I indeed did have stitches, I must have gotten hurt pretty bad last night.

"Where is my phone then?"

"About that..."

"What did you do with my phone!?" I exclaimed,

"Nothing, your phone is fine."

"Then what? Where is it?" I asked curious and impatient to hear his answer.

"Someone I know has the same phone as you. Cover and all..." My breathing stopped for a minute, my eyes widening at his words. He cannot be that observant, can he?

"Is there something you want to tell me, Shadow?" He asked getting up from the bed and making his way towards me, keeping his face blank from all emotion as he proceeded,

"I do not have to tell you anything. Is there something... is there something you want to tell me?" I stuttered as I asked him, getting anxious and nervous. I took a step back with every step he took towards me, wanting to put as much distance between us as possible.

"Actually, as you put it, I don't have to tell you anything. But just to let you know, that night you beat me in the ring, I have been looking for you. Your identity, your past, your friends, dirty little secrets, but nothing came up. Then that same day I took a girl's phone. She was talking about some fight with one of her friends, she claimed that it was about a video game, but I think she was lying..." He said as he continued to walk towards me. I continued to walk backwards until my back hit the wall, he effectively trapped me with his arms caging me in, his eyes locking with mine. I could hear my breathing and my own heart beating rapidly when his intense gaze stared me down.

Daniel traced his finger down the side of my jaw, "What do you think Elna?"