Chapter 29

After the devil himself fell unconscious, I turned around seeing Lizzy standing there with shock and relief written all over her face.

I almost jumped on her causing her to stumble back. I hugged her even tighter when I heard her starting to cry as she hugged me back.

"You're safe now, deep breaths. You're safe..." I said soothing her as I rubbed her back. Pulling away she turned to Nathan and just hugged him, sobbing even harder.

"What's up kiddo?" He joked trying to lighten up the mood. Shaking our heads, Nathan picked Lizzy up carrying her out to the car.

I looked over to Paul and then to Daniel smirking. He stared at me for a few seconds before shaking his head, sighing and made his way over to Paul smiling and shaking his head once again when he passed me.

I chuckled and was on my way to walk out after him but stopped in my tracks when I heard beeping in the back of the room. Frowning I made my way to the source of the irritating noise trying to figure out what it was,

By now Daniel and Nathan are probably in the car waiting for me, but I wanted to know what the noise was. When I got closer to one of the back walls I saw a black container, not liking the feeling I got one bit.

Walking to the box I carefully lifted the lid, but what I saw made me gasp, dropping the lid, I bolted out of the house.

The boys and my sister came into view as I started to yell, "Get in the car! Get in!"

"Why?" Nathan asked worried as I passed him.

"Just get in the damn car! There's a bomb!"

Their eyes became as wide as watermelons and jumped into the car.

We heard it before we saw it when we pulled out of the driveway. There was a loud explosion and then the huge fire cloud that was catching up on us.

"Step on it!" I yelled.

Nathan drove even faster when we eventually felt the back of the car lift. The car still didn't stop as we were speeding at an impossible speed after it landed back on the ground after a few seconds,

When the fire cloud disappeared, Nathan started slowing down, driving at a normal pace.

"Where did you put Paul?"

"The boot," Was Daniel's reply,

"Are you serious!?" I asked laughing,

"Yip," He said while looking back and grinning at me,

"How are you guys laughing when we just escaped death. TWICE!" My twin yelled at us from beside me, silencing us,

"Liz...I know but we are sorting it out. If I tell you the number of times I have escaped death it will shock you, and if I didn't have my friends and family to have made me laugh, I would have gone mad. Laughing takes your mind of things that you don't want to think about at that moment, so loosen up would you?"

"This is what you go through every day isn't it?" She asked, "Every time you would sneak out?"

I sighed and looked her in the eyes, "Elizabeth, you don't need to worry about this, you're safe and back where you belong." She just sighed and started bombarding Nathan with questions.

The rest of the ride was silent after my sister's questions stop. When we pulled into the driveway it was already dark outside. We got out and I decided to pull Liz to one side.

"Something wrong? I want to spend time with Nathan," She said with an ear to ear smile, I sighed and looked into her eyes before breaking the news to her,