chapter 2

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

- Buddha

______________________

Today was the day. I would finally go to Paris, fulfilling a long-lived dream.

Seattle - Tacoma International Airport to Paris – Charles de Gaulle Airport. 10 hours and a bit.

My excitement was higher than Justin Bieber’s mind on weed. The nervous tapping of my foot on the concrete before the security check drove everyone crazy.

Zoey,” my sister whined, glaring at my unstoppable foot.

Phoebe,” I mocked her before smiling like an idiot. I couldn’t remember the last time I was this happy.

My friends all gathered around me, each one giving me a hug. I held on tightly, savoring the moment.

George was the last one in line, a big grin on his face. “My little Zoey, flying all the way to Paris. Take care, baby girl.” He pressed a wet kiss to my cheek and I faked a disgusted look, pretending to wipe it away.

I turned around to face my parents and my loving little sister, involved in a conversation with my boyfriend.

He was too good to be true.

“Nah, she’ll love England more,” Harry said laughingly and my father playfully punched him on the arm.

I gawked in amazement, utterly mesmerized on how well they got along. For my parents, Harry and Adrian were like the sons they’ve never had.

Coughing, I gained their attention. My mother was the first one to hug me. Her motherly advices made me roll my eyes.

“Mom, I’m twenty, not eight,” I told her, hushing her to calm down.

“I know but you will always be my kid,” she said with tears in her eyes.

From the way everyone was behaving, you would have thought I was about to go to war instead of flying to a beautiful city in a beautiful country.

My father hugged me next, whispering an “I’ll miss Harry this week” in my ear before starting to laugh. He ruffled my hair, causing me to squeal in annoyance.

Phoebe quickly put her phone aside when she realized it was her turn to say goodbye. “Get me a present,” she told me, hugging me tightly.

I let out a loud laugh. “I’ll get you a French rock.”

“Lovely,” she muttered under her breath and walked off to Lisa.

“Last but not least,” I said excitedly, facing Harry.

He had a small smile on his lips. One strong arm found its way around my waist, tugging me close. My group of friends whistled and I felt my cheeks getting hotter while I flipped them off.

Harry’s chest vibrated under my cheek and his soft laugh filled my ear, sounding like music on a hot summer night.

I inhaled his scent, a mixture of peppermint, cologne and – well, just Harry Styles.

“Promise to text me every day?” Harry asked, his voice softer than a feather’s touch.

I nodded against his chest, sighing heavily. “I’ll miss this,” I whispered equally as soft and placed a hand on his chest, feeling the steady beat of his heart.

“You better skype me, too,” he warned, the smile disappearing from his face.

“Don’t forget me,” I told him, a sober look on my face.

Perilous (Harry Styles)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें