chapter 13

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved."

- George MacDonald

______________________

It had been two days since my visit at the doctor's and after 48 hours of rest, a lot of tea and antibiotics, I felt better.

I felt so much better, that Harry didn't even feel guilty for leaving me alone.

"I'll be back as soon as possible. We only wanted to watch a football game, then I'll be back, I promise," Harry said, still standing on my threshold.

"Isn't the game tonight?" I asked in confusion.

"Eh, I'm talking about 'soccer'," he grimaced. "With the time difference, the game is early in the afternoon for us."

"Ah, makes sense," I replied nonchalantly.

"I don't want to leave you alone." Harry pouted like a little kid.

I sighed in annoyance. "Oh c'mon. You can spend 2 hours without me, right? We've done this before. Now go or I'll slam the door in your face."

His eyebrows raised in surprise. "You wouldn't dare."

"Try me," I shot back and slammed the door shut, grinning to myself. Getting rid of boyfriend? Check.

"I love you, Zoey!" Harry called loudly, but I could still see him through the milky glass of our front door.

"Hit the road!" I screamed, amusement evident in my voice.

Finally, finally, he left. I watched his shadow fade until I heard the roar of his car. Through our kitchen window, I saw him drive away.

I sighed in relief. Now that my distraction was gone, I could finish writing my application for the apprenticeship training position in the hospital. Actually, everything was ready already, I only had to print my résumé. Hopefully, they wouldn't mind that I dropped out of college, but it wasn't any of their business anyway.

My parents didn't know of my recent plans yet, I planned on telling them after their trip to Egypt. No need in making a fuss until things weren't settled for sure.

After I printed out my résumé – and had a little fight with our printer – I packed everything for my application in an envelope and walked to the post office, sending it on the way to the hospital.

I had at least two more hours until Harry would come back, or maybe even more, considering the fact that he had a lot to catch up with his old friend that he apparently hadn't seen in ages. And women were supposed to be gossip girls? I didn't think so.

I went back home and googled more information about my potential future job, although I had gathered enough knowledge already that I could possibly skip the first year of my apprenticeship.

My mind reached the point where it was overloaded, flooding with information. Satisfied and more excited than ever, I slammed my laptop shut and flopped face-down on my bed.

Blindly reaching for my phone, I sighed in relief when I finally found it before I could fall out of my bed. I texted Phoebe for an update. Within seconds, she replied that everything was fine and I should stop bothering her.

"Just trying to be nice," I mumbled to no one but myself.

Now I could either read a book, watch some old tv shows or google some more. Just debating what to do next took five minutes and until I had finally found a website that had some kind of aptitude test, it was already past 5pm.

Some questions were out of my limit, others made me wonder whether this was a test for idiots or not, and others in turn were suitable for the job.

Perilous (Harry Styles)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara