chapter 10

“Earthquakes just happen. Tornadoes just happen. Your tongue does not just happen to fall into some other girl’s mouth!”

― Gemma Halliday, Deadly Cool

______________________

Zoey,“ my sister whined on the telephone. “You promised”

Why did she have to make me feel so guilty? “Phoebs, I’m sorry.”

“It won’t be fun without you.” I could basically feel her pouting. “Gemma and Louis tried to cancel too, but I forced them to come.”

I let out a laugh. “Of course you did. But I know your tricks, they won’t work on me.”

“Oh, sister, you think you know me, but you don’t. Tonight, 9pm, Diamonds. You’ll be there or else I’ll tell mom and dad that you fed the neighbor’s dog chocolate.”

“Phoebe!” I exclaimed, rather loudly, making Harry turn around in surprise. “You little bitch.”

“Zoey,” Harry huffed, narrowing his eyes. “Don’t talk to your sister like that.”

“Listen to your boyfriend,” Phoebe laughed, having heard his words.

“Shut up,” I groaned, before glaring at Harry. “And you, stop taking my sister’s side.”

Harry tried to look offended. “I’m not. I’m only taking the victim’s side.”

“Did he just call me a victim?” Phoebe asked. I heard something clatter in the background, followed by some profanities and a laugh from my sister. “Adrian, stop irritating her,” Phoebe said, her voice trailing through the speaker although she was talking to her boyfriend.

Once she was back, I simply said “well, you are one.”

“I want to talk to Harry.” My sister’s voice let no space for an argument. I just pressed my phone into Harry’s hands.

“Hi Phoebe,” Harry greeted her, smiling widely. I could only hear one part of the conversation, but watching Harry was quite interesting, too. “No, I’m sorry, love.”

His laugh melted my heart, little crinkles formed by his eyes and his white teeth were on full display. His unoccupied hand pushed his hair back and curled a strand around his fingers. He seemed deep in thoughts, only humming then and there to agree with whatever my sister was saying.

“Yeah, definitely. Zoey is weird.” His green eyes flickered over to me and he grinned widely. I narrowed my eyes, not content with their conversation.

I got bored of waiting for the call to end. Walking over to Harry, I sat down next to him on the couch and shuffled, until I was sitting right behind him. My arms wrapped around his neck, nearly choking him.

Harry tried to shake me off, but I wouldn’t budge. Softly planting kisses on his neck, I let my fingers travel down his chest, trying my very best to distract him.

“Deal,” Harry said, his breath hiking when I pinched his nipples through his shirt. “No, I promise that I, uhm, w-will-“ Harry stuttered as I kissed his sweet spot.

His left hand caught one of my travelling hands, but my other roamed over his abs, dangerously close to his private area.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine,” Harry half-moaned, making me chuckle.

Stop making out when I’m talking to you,” my sister yelled through the speaker, making Harry wince from the sudden rise of volume.

I snatched the phone from Harry’s grip, said “nope,” and ended the call.

“Rude,” Harry stated and got up. I watched helplessly as he walked into the kitchen, swinging his hips excessively. It looked a bit girly, to be honest.