chapter 39

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

― William Shakespeare, Macbeth

______________________ 

"Go away," I hissed fiercely at Harry.

"Zoey," he pouted, reaching for my hands.

"No, fuck off." I tried to burn him to ashes with my glare.

"Zoey," he tried again, his lower lip starting to swallow his upper lip from pouting so much.

"You messed up big time." My voice was hard, unforgiving.

"Zoey," he whined, his voice shaking slightly.

"I don't want to ever see you again." Gosh, he was giving me a headache.

"Zoey," he kept pouting, hoping he would get me this way.

"You had your chance," I pointed out, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Zoey," he sulked sadly, his green eyes twinkling with tears he faked.

"Is there anything else you can say?" I challenged him, knowing I was winning this fight.

"Zoey," he repeated, as if to confirm my doubts.

"For fuck's sake, Harry, just go. Leave me alone, I can't stand seeing you," I spat angrily, only a step away from punching him.

"I'm so sorry," he apologized in a small voice, still hoping to break my icy attitude.

Something inside me snapped and I threw a Christmas tree decoration ball at his head, earning a low, animalistic growl. I realized my mistake as soon as the ball left my hand, but it was too late now to take it back.

"Harry," I pouted, suddenly seeing the vulnerable position I was in.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Oh, how the tables have turned."

I huffed and balanced my weight on my feet, highly aware that I could fall down the chair if I wasn't careful enough. "You insulted the decoration."

"It does look like a five-year-old decorated the tree, though," he shot back, repeating the words from before.

"I can't believe you!" I yelled, throwing another ball at his head, but this time he was clever enough to step aside and avoid my furious attack.

I eyed the Christmas tree carefully, taking in the various colorful decoration balls, lights and snow figures. It looked absolutely lovely and homelike, making me feel comfortable at our apartment.

Yes, our apartment. A lot of time has passed since Harry and I had the adventurous dinner with my family. Three and a half months, to be exact.

I moved in with Harry at the end of October, long after we had overcome any deficiencies and talked about anything that had been left unsaid. We were back to normal, leaving anything that has gone wrong in the past and just focusing on our future.

Neither of us had heard from Amelie ever again, and I couldn't say that this saddened me. Quite the contrary, I felt better than ever.

Today was Christmas Eve, the 24th of December and it was currently lunch time. It had taken me two hours to set the Christmas tree up and put decoration on it until it looked as beautiful as it did now.

And not like a five-year-old had decorated it.

I still glared at Harry, the fact that I was still standing on a chair after I had put a star on top of the tree making me feel taller.