chapter 25

"We learn from failure, not from success!"

― Bram Stoker, Dracula

______________________

Harry's POV

My hands burned where they touched the soft skin on her hips. I couldn't move them, even though I wanted to.

My mind was working against my body, giving commands that not a little ounce of me listened to. Not having any control was eating me alive, and I was afraid I would completely lose it.

If Zoey noticed my change of heart, she didn't say so. Teasingly working against me, she pressed a kiss to the corner of my lips, then travelled down my jaw. Her hands were holding my head in place, but I couldn't have moved anyway, even if I wanted to.

Her lips were hot on my neck, her fingers seemingly scratching marks into my back even though I knew that wasn't the case. When they wandered to my stomach, something inside of me snapped.

I couldn't bear this any longer. Any rational thought left my mind, only a burning rage was left, threatening to ruin everything.

With every bit of willpower I could muster up, I turned my head aside, disconnecting her lips from my skin. My hands on her hips gave me the advantage of pushing her back, even now still careful to not hurt her. At least physically.

"What-" She began asking, clearly confused by my rejection.

But I had enough of her games. "Don't."

My tone was cold and I saw her shivering under my intense glare, this single word hitting her like a truck on full speed. Standing frozen in place, her hands dropped to her sides and her mouth plopped open in shock.

I bit my tongue with full force, my teeth piercing the flesh and drawing blood. The stinging pain brought me back to reality, and with the new clarity in my mind, I turned around and stomped out of Zoey's room.

Time seemed to slow down as I compacted down the hallway to the front door, not exactly sure what I was about to do, but knowing I needed to get out of this house and away from Zoey as soon as possible.

I had expected her to follow me and demand an explanation, but nothing happened. All I could hear was my heavy breathing and the fast beating of my heart in my own ears.

Finally reaching the front door, I wasted no more time in quitting the Clark's house, the door slamming shut behind me, leaving whatever hope there was, too.

My heart was bleeding, like storm and thunder, but I pushed the pain off my mind, rather focusing on the burning rage within me.

Just walking away surely wasn't my wisest move, but there was nothing to be done about it now. It was already too late.

I started the car and pulled out of the driveway automatically, my eyes barely able to focus on the street.

Only when I was leaving the Cherry Street did I remember to turn on the light. To make things worse, a black cat ran across the street and my foot itched to push down the brake, but luckily everything went just well.

After driving aimlessly for at least twenty minutes, I parked in front of a lonely bar at the border of town, where I had never been before.

Before I got out of the car, however, I checked if my alarm clock for the next day was turned on, not wanting to be late. Adding trouble to our problems surely wouldn't look too good... Whatever.

I sighed heavily and closed my eyes for a moment, contemplating whether to really walk in there or just start the engine again and drive home to try and get some sleep.

Perilous (Harry Styles)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें