chapter 3

“If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.”

- Bruce Lee

______________________

One week passed by in the blink of an eye.

That was how time worked.

You waited for something in anticipation? For example, you bought concert tickets 200 days before the show; the first 100 days felt like 3 years, the last 50 days felt like one week and the two hours of watching your favorite artist was over within 7 minutes.

You waited for class to be over? Yeah, one hour felt like a whole day.

Fact was, time flew by faster if you were having fun and enjoyed yourself.

Truth to be told, I wasn’t too surprised to find myself on the plane back home after the most amazing week of my life that quickly.

Our ten hour flight felt way longer, too.

Time was a tricky thing and you never knew when you would run out of it.

“I’m tired of watching movies the whole time,” Lisa complained.

“Then watch Desperate Housewives,” I suggested next to her.

“Ugh, Z, I’m sick and tired of staring at this screen the whole time.” Lisa stressed her words with tipping on the screen attached to the seat in front of her.

I paused the episode of Two And A Half Men I was currently watching. “What else do you suggest then?”

“Let’s play a game,” Lisa said with a sparkle in her eyes.

“How about no?” From the look in her eyes I could tell that annoyance was written all over my face.

“Please?” Lisa begged and pouted.

I sighed in defeat. “What’s your suggestion?”

“Monop- never mind, we don’t have it. Ugh, I don’t know. Let’s just talk?”

I nodded in agreement. That was the good thing about the two of us. We could remain silent without awkwardness but we also always had something to talk about.

“I’m glad we still hang out like we always used to do,” Lisa said, looking out of the small window next to me.

“How so?”

“You know these kind of girls who stop hanging out with their friends after they’re in a relationship? You’re not one of them.” Lisa’s words actually made me smile.
“Thank god.”

“Phoebe planned another meet up,” Lisa informed me.

I groaned. “Not again.”

Lisa’s sadistic smile made me want to slap her. “Oh c’mon, they were always fun. You were only too caught up with Harry to actually enjoy it.”
Her words made me realize that there was no way to deny it. She was right.

“You suck,” I firmly told her.

“I hate you,” she shot back and slapped me on the arm.

“The feeling’s mutual,” I let her know and started laughing.

The rest of the flight was filled with a conversation about everything and everyone.

Lisa was in the middle of telling a story about her brother when the pilot let us know we were about to touch down very soon.

Like a little child on Christmas Eve, I clapped my hands in excitement and would have jumped up and down if I hadn’t been glued to the seat with a belt.