Epilogue

"There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved."

- George Sand

______________________

EPILOGUE - 6 years later

"Fuck, Zoey," Lisa cursed, for what felt like the hundredth time today.

"My baby girl," my mom cried, dabbing her eyes with a tissue.

The rest of the present girls, including my lovely sister, remained silent. Everyone gaped at me with open mouths and wide eyes.

I felt warmth rush through me. "Do I look okay?"

Lisa laughed lightly. "Don't make me sing Just The Way You Are now. You're absolutely stunning, the most beautiful bride I have ever seen."

I rushed to her side to hug her, holding her tight. "Thank you, Lisa."

She kissed both my cheeks and played with my bridal vide that was covering my wavy hair. Holding my hands for a moment, she looked like she was ready to burst out crying, too.

After kissing both my cheeks again, she walked over to her bag and got out a little box. She smiled brightly at me and came back to my side, holding the box out for me to take.

I hesitantly opened it to reveal a thin silver bracelet with the word 'faith' engraved. It was delicate and beautiful, but I couldn't figure out why she would give it to me.

Taking in my questioning gaze, she laughed lightly. "Something old and something borrowed."

I squealed with happiness and hugged her again, my good mood infectious.

My mouther walked over to me next, tears still streaming down her face. "My beautiful girl, I cannot believe that you're already getting married."

"Mom," I said jokingly, feeling my cheeks getting hot. I was flustered to get so much affection in front of my bridesmaids, even though there were only three of them - excluding Lisa, she was the maid of honor.

She got something out of her purse, too. It was a barrette with blue stones on top. "Something blue."

I turned around and let her put it in my hair, underneath the bridal vide. She kissed my forehead and stepped back, letting Phoebe take over.

"I can't tell you how glad I am that you're finally getting married." Her smile was lightning up the room. "You're 26 and Harry is 27. With other words: you're old."

"Hey," I said, playfully punching her in the arm, "you're 25. That doesn't make you that much younger."

My sister waved her hand, dismissing my words. "Anyway, I got something new for you."

She pulled out a box, similar to the one Lisa had given me, and revealed a gorgeous short necklace with a small heart dangling from it. She helped me put it on and I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

For once, I was completely satisfied with myself. I had found a dress that was elegant but not brash. It fell to the ground in long waves, sequined and silky. The top was cut classy low, showing some cleavage without revealing too much. A small bow was wrapped around my torso, giving the dress the ideal shape.

My hair and make-up were done to perfection and I knew that the chapel was decorated beautifully, as was the tent for the reception. We had put a lot of planning into this wedding, wanting to have the most perfect day in our lives.

After all the shit we have been through, I honestly thought we deserved it more than anyone else.

There had been a minor fight over the wedding cake. It wasn't the typical "the girl wants vanilla, the boy wants chocolate" - no, it was the other way round. We had agreed on a chocolate half for the bride and a vanilla half for the groom. And a small figure on top.