chapter 6

"Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not."

- Oscar Wilde

______________________

Love was irrational. If you asked me, there was nothing more unpredictable than love.

And nothing else could control your life as much as love did.

People were on the lookout for love all the time, only simmering down once they found it. But even if they did, they weren't content.

Love, after all, was not everything you needed in life.

But when you found it, you had to hold on.

It wasn't that difficult to be happy. Embrace the love, embrace your partner. Be the change.

Happiness could be found anywhere, you just had to accept it.

"Harry, get the fuck away from me," I hissed, trying to shake my clingy boyfriend off. He had his arms wrapped tightly around my torso, cutting off the blood circulation underneath my breasts.

"Hmm," he hummed against me, hiding his face in my neck.

"Harry, I'm serious," I stated, annoyance and humor equally balanced in my tone.

"And I'm in love with you," he murmured against my hair, placing kisses on my neck.

My breath caught. I blinked rapidly, feeling a bit emotional all of a sudden. "I love you."

Harry placed his hands on my waist and turned me around, eager to look me into the eyes and connect our lips.

We stared at each other, no one daring to break eye contact. I marveled his green eyes, they seemed to hold speckles of pale grey and blue at times, but right now they deployed the greenest green you could imagine.

Sneaking his arms around my waist again, Harry tugged me closer, softly placing his lips on mine. They were the whisper of a feather, nearly not there.

I forced his head down, colliding our lips in a heated kiss. Our lips moved in sync, transmitting love, longing and shelter.

Pulling away to catch my breath, I took the moment to trace along the contour of his bottom lip with my thumb. Harry shuddered under my touch, his breath irregular.

He leaned in for more, but I turned my head aside. "Harry, I need to pack," I managed to say before I had a chance to give in.

Completely turning away, I went back to my suitcase, throwing in various items.

"You need to fold your clothes or they'll have crinkles," Harry reminded me.

"I know. I just try to remember everything I need, then I'll re-pack my bag, checking that I forgot nothing," I explained, an umbrella joining the pile of clothes.

"You already packed an umbrella," he laughed, taking a seat on my bed.

"Just in case the other one breaks. It rains a lot in England," I defended myself, proudly holding the pink umbrella up in the air.

Harry huffed, not even denying my accusations anymore.

I quit my room, entering the bathroom and grabbing as many things as I could. I'd rather risk to let everything drop than walk the same path twice.

My amused boyfriend watched me struggle to carry my essentials, not making any attempts to help me.

His eyes followed every item that my hands threw in the suitcase. Skin cream, shower gel, shampoo, razors, toothpaste, hairbrush, tampons, ...