Chapter 7- Tell Me You Love Me Part 1

"Better?" Demi inquired after a few minutes of me just leaning against her and I hesitantly nodded.

The pop star gave me a small smile, running her fingers through a strand of my hair. "Come on, let's go inside. We've got time to kill and it's been forever since I was here," Demi said, bringing up a new topic completely.

I nodded mutely again, glad for the change of conversation.

Oh, tell me you love me.

I followed Demi's lead as she stood, exiting the car and heading into the homey looking bookstore. "Hey, M, coffee or tea?"

"What?" I looked up at the singer in confusion as bookshelves and comfy reading chairs flooded my vision.

Demi let out a short laugh. "There's a coffee shop over there? Coffee or tea?" As she spoke, Demi was leading me over to the small corner of the building that I had just now noticed.

"Oh, tea please," I responded without a thought about it. Black coffee was gross, but adding sugar was like dumping in a bag of calories. I could not do that. Never.

"Pick a flavor."

I looked up at the chalkboard decorated with flowers. It was really cute, especially in a bookstore. How had I never been here before?

"Um, apple cinnamon tea, please," I passed my order along to Demi who spoke to the cashier. A minute or two later she handed me a Styrofoam cup that was a little warm to the touch.

"Careful, it's hot," my aunt cautioned as we started walking and I nodded.

I need someone on days like this, I do.

----

Demi and I had been in the bookstore for almost an hour just browsing books and chatting softly. She had yet to bring up the elephant in the room again, but I was perfectly fine with that.

Or at least I was until I was reaching for a rom-com novel on the top shelf and the hem of my magenta shirt slipped down, revealing a crisscross pattern of fresh, red cuts. Shit.

I quickly gave up on reaching the book, stepping off the stepping-stool as my face flushed red. Please don't let Demi have seen. Please!

One glance at Demi and I could tell that she had. Double shit.

On days like this.

"Max," Demi started before faltering. "I think we should go home now. It's almost time for school to be over."

I felt my face turn even redder. "Demi..."

"Come on," she cut me off, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "We'll go and pay for these books and then take you home. Go ahead and finish your drink so we can throw the cups away.

We walked the short distance to the checkout counter in an uncomfortable silence, Demi paying quickly for the six books before leading me out of the store. That's it. She hates me know. I just know it.

Oh, tell me you love me.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hey guys! So I'm back just like promised, and this note probably won't be too long. I've decided to keep Max's name cause it would take too long to go back and change it. Also, the views have dropped significantly over the last two chapters. Is the story just not interesting or is there something I need to change? Please tell me. And like always, please vote and comment! Bye, I'll talk to everyone soon!

Views: 250

Votes: 10

Comments: 3