Chapter 9- Daddy Issues

Gently, Demi pushed the sleeve of my sweatshirt up as she finished talking. I flinched back, not wanting her to see the damage I had done, but she grabbed my arm to keep me still.

"Calm down, Max, I'm not going to hurt you."

Sighing, I let her flip my arm back over, wincing at the gasp that escaped her mouth. I mean, I know I cut a lot, but it can't actually be that bad, right?

Never enough.

Demi gave a matching sigh, pushing the sleeve back down and turning her gaze upwards to meet mine. "Tell me. Next time, tell me."

I just nodded, knowing that there was no way I was actually going to tell Demi. "So you're not mad?"

The superstar shook her head. "Never."

I gave her a small smile at that. Even if on the inside I felt like crap, at least I knew that she didn't hate me. That was something.

After a couple minutes of comfortable silence, Demi pulled out her phone, checking the time. "Your mom is still at work, so I'm going to drive you to dance again today." Demi literally drove me to dance every day, and I loved it, so it wasn't really a surprise that she was driving me again today.

"'Kay," I agreed, looking over at Demi's phone. The background was a picture of her and her younger sister, Maddie. "That's a cute background," I mumbled, not thinking that she could hear me.

"Yeah, it is," Demi agreed, surprising me. "But it's been the same for a while. Think it's time to change it?" Before I could answer and tell her that I thought it was fine the way it was, she clicked on the camera icon on her phone and held a hand out towards me. "Come here."

Addicted to Love.

I scooted the couple of inches over to my aunt and leaned against her shoulder as she smiled before snapping a picture.

"Perfect," The brunette smiled, clicking on a couple more things before standing up. "Come on, you don't want to be late for class. What do you have again today?"

"Monday so lyrical and ballet," I responded as I followed her lead and stood up, grabbing my dance bag off the hook on the wall, one of my pointe shoes falling off. I just kicked it against the wall. I could put it back in my bag after class.

"Seems kind of like you're abusing your shoes there," Demi teased with a small chuckle.

I just shrugged. "That's nothing."

With the wrong one. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hey guys! So, I'm back again without much to really say. I've just been prewriting a lot of chapters, so I just finished writing chapter 20! That's exciting and I'm really ready to post it and actually get the story moving, a lot of drama is coming up! Anyways, back to the present: I really hope you enjoyed the chapter and please vote and comment! I love you guys and I'll talk to you soon! 

P.S. Sorry this chapter was a little short.

Views: 350

Votes: 20

Comments: 3 (They're all the same as last time.)