Chapter 28- Waitin' For You Part 1

"Max?" Demi's voice came through my door before she poked her head in a looked around, noticing me sitting on the bed reading To Kill a Mocking Bird. "Want to come to the studio with me? I have to record but we can go do something else after."

"Mkay," I agreed softly, closing my book. Anything is better than reading this. Besides, maybe I'll see those girls again. They were really nice although I still haven't figured out why they all seemed familiar. I honestly forgot about looking into it with everything that's been going on in school lately.

You said that you'd never hurt me.

"Whatcha reading?" My aunt asked, coming the rest of the way into the room while closing the door behind her, and in response, I threw the book to her.

"It's for school, but I don't really like it."

Demi read over the back cover of the book before opening it to my bookmark. "And you have to finish it? Max, you're barely three chapters in."

"I'm not very good at reading," I admitted softly, my cheeks flushing and causing Demi to smile sympathetically at me.

"Just try your best, okay, baby girl?"

I nodded and Demi's smile got bigger. "Alright, we need to leave soon so go ahead and get dressed unless you want to show up at the recording studio in dragon pajamas."

Be the band-aid when I bleed.

---

Demi left my room and I hopped into the shower, washing my body and hair before getting out and throwing my hair up into a ponytail. Someone told me once that if you do that your hair won't dry, but the other option is to get dressed with my hair dripping down my back which I don't really want.

But I guess that band-aid was all made out of paper.

I grabbed the first thing I saw in my closet to change into which happened to be a light blue button up and white jeans. After I was dressed I put on a pair of blue flats that matched my shirt and decided to just leave my damp hair in a ponytail. I'm too lazy to fix it. I haven't danced in a couple of weeks and I think I got all my energy from being active because now I get exhausted from doing literally nothing.

'Cause you never stuck to me. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hey! So this chapter is a bit shorter than the others since my chapters for this story lately have been pretty long. Max is going to complain a lot about TKAM, but there is, in fact, a reason behind it, and it's not anything I personally have against the book as it's actually one of my favorites. Also, what I mentioned at the end of the chapter with Max being constantly tired because she's not dancing is actually something that happened to me. Being active all the time takes a lot of energy, but your body gets used to it, so when you're no longer able to be as active as you were before you feel really sluggish and it sucks. Luckily, I get to dance again in two weeks though so I have something to look forward too! 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, and please vote and comment cause it means a lot to me! Lol, I doubt anyone read this far through the author's note anyway so I don't think me saying that really matters. QOTD: can you guys play any instruments? I played cello in middle school and I still play guitar, although I don't actually own a guitar so I constantly steal my older brother's. 

Votes: 165

Comments: 36