Chapter 33- Kingdom Come

Throughout the day, Nicole and I talked a little bit more, although it was kind of awkward after lunch, so I was glad when the last bell of the day rung and I was able to rush out of class.

I'm honestly not really sure if I'm supposed to be taking the bus back home or not. Demi said she would pick me up from school if her interview ended early, but she didn't tell me what to do if she wasn't able to. Why do I always get stuck in these kinds of situations?

A love so deep, nothing else like it.

"Hey, Max," I felt someone's arms wrap around me and I nearly screamed until I realized that it was just Marissa.

"Hi," I mumbled in response, turning around and returning the hug.

"Demi's still at the studio so she asked me to come get you from school," Mar explained as she let go of my shoulders. "She wasn't sure when she would be able to get home."

"Okay," I muttered, slightly sad that I might not get to see Demi for a while. I've missed her even more than the first time she left for LA. I know that we're in the same house and what not, but it feels like we don't really talk anymore and she's always busy with something, as selfish as that sounds.

Scars go deep, but they can't find it.

"What's wrong?" Marissa asked as we walked over to her car and I got in on the passenger's side.

"Uhm nothing," I forced a small smile onto my face, although even I could tell it didn't reach my eyes. "I guess I'm just tired from school is all."

Flame so bright, make the daylight look dark.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I dropped my smile as I looked at my hands, knowing that Mar was driving so she couldn't see my face. "I'm fine."

Cross my heart that I'd die for ya.