Chapter 16- Only Forever

When I woke up again, the tv was off and my muscles were stiff from being in the same position for so long. And, I was still using Demi as a pillow.

Groaning, I sat up slowly as not to wake my aunt. I could feel my bones clicking into place.

'Cause I've been waiting.

I need to stretch. Even if it is Saturday I can't let up or it's gonna hurt when I dance again on Monday.

I left my aunt sleeping on the couch and headed out to the back porch. It was the perfect place to practice dance.

The screen door shook slightly when I closed it once again when I accidentally kicked it while doing my right split. Honestly, I'm not really sure how that thing isn't broken yet.

It only took about ten minutes for me to fully stretch before I looked through the semi-transparent glass again to see Demi still asleep. I shrugged to myself before hopping over the railing on the porch and onto the grass couple inches below. May as well get in some more practice.

And I'll keep waiting.

After doing a couple cartwheels to make sure I had my center of balance over myself, I started out with a simple round off back handspring.

Next up I did a couple combination of back tucks and handstands before a sound behind me made me turn, my hair whipping my face.

"Demi!" I gasped in surprise when I saw the brunette standing on the porch.

"Max!" Demi mimicked the tone of my voice with a slight chuckle. "How long have you been out here?"

I shrugged. "Maybe twenty minutes. Felt like stretching."

"And then doing air cartwheels?"

"Air cartwheels? Oh, you mean aerials?" I questioned, laughing as I slowly climbed up the stairs to the celebrity. My back kind of hurt, maybe I had just overdone that last back handspring. Just maybe.

Only forever.

"You okay?" Demi asked suddenly at the expression on my face. I didn't even realize that the pain was showing in my expression until my aunt pointed it out.

"Y-yeah," I replied mentally cursing the hesitation in my voice.

"Really?"

"Okay, maybe I pushed myself a little too much," I mumbled as I leaned into my aunt's side. I felt her run one hand through my tangled hair, and as much as I hate to admit it, she made me feel safe and relaxed, something I hadn't felt in a long time.

"Okay, let's go back inside, hmm?" Demi replied softly, wrapping her other arm around my shoulder and leading me back into the suburban house.

Back in my room, Demi gently pushed my shoulders so that I was sitting on my twin size bed before she went back downstairs only to come back up a minute later with a mini towel.

"Lay down," My aunt ordered kindly.

I just complied, laying down on my stomach and wincing when my cuts came in contact with the bed. Please let Demi think that's just because my back hurts and not because I cut even when she asked me not to.

I felt Demi lift up the hem of my shirt and place the lukewarm cloth on my lower back before the bed dipped down when the pop star sat down beside me.

Only forever.

There was a comfortable silence between the two of us for a couple of minutes as Demi ran her fingers through my dark hair before...

"Demi?" Her hand stopped moving, staying tangled up in my hair.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

Only forever.  

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hey guys, so I'm back again, even sooner than normal! And it's all because of you guys! Thank you everyone for voting and to JordanBrown108 for commenting on my story! It really means a whole lot to me. I've been writing a lot lately, especially for this story, so here you guys go! And, as always, please vote and comment, it means the world to me. Tell me what you think!

Views: 810

Votes: 57

Comments: 4