Chapter 34- Here We Go Again

It was almost ten at night when Demi finally got home, and the only reason I knew was because I was sitting on the couch, trying to read To Kill a Mockingbird. I've finally made it past chapter three.

"Why are you still awake?" I heard a voice ask as Demi pulled one of my earbuds out of my ear so that I could hear her. I just shrugged and set down my book which I've been reading for over a week now.

"You need to get to sleep, baby girl, you have school tomorrow morning," Demi stated, lying down on the couch next to me. I'm already in my pajamas cause I tried to go to sleep earlier, it just hadn't been possible because I was too distracted worrying about everything.

Cause I'm so much better without you.

"I don't wanna go," I complained, burying my head into the side of my aunt's shirt. "I don't like it."

I felt Demi run her fingers through my hair as she shifted on the couched and moved my iPod so that it was sitting on the coffee table. "I know you don't but there's nothing I can do about it, Max. The law required you to go to school."

"Yeah, I know."

But it's just another pretty lie.

"Tomorrow's Friday, you just have to make it until then and then we can do something together over the weekend, alright?" Demi's voice was tired and I could tell she was exhausted from her interview and whatever else she had done all day.

I nodded in response, even though last time she said that she kind of forgot. Maybe it won't happen again.

Cause I break down...

---

The next day, Friday, was completely uneventful besides the usual; Demi wanting me to eat, me trying to find ways to not eat, and Mallory teasing me at school. Just like I said, the usual. I mean, what else did I expect, one not stressful, nice day. Yeah, no. Clearly, that's never gonna be a possibility for me.

"Hey, Demi, can we go to the park today?" I asked as I walked down the staircase, still wearing toothless footie pajamas.

"I'm not sure, Max, Phil just called saying I have an interview in a couple hours and I still need to get into hair and makeup," my aunt replied, not looking up from her iPad as she scrolled through her emails.

"But you said that we'd do something together over the weekend," I protested, walking over and looking at the emails. They all seem so boring. Glad I don't have to deal with that.

"I know, but sometimes stuff comes up," Demi stated, ending the conversation as I sighed and walked back to my room. Why does this always happen? It's like she just forgot about me.

Every time you come around. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: and the drama ever so slowly begins. Honestly, I'm excited, and at the rate, I'm posting right now this story is gonna be completely uploaded in like a week, so there's that I guess. I draw out 'plot lines' whenever I start writing stories, and there are only two more points left on the one for this story, so it really is almost over. Also, random fact but my friend always tells me with the way I draw them they always look like heart rate monitors, and I'm starting to agree with her. 

And finally, as always, please vote and comment and tell me what you thought and I'll talk to you all soon! Question: what do you all think is going to happen? I can't really give my answer to the question since I already know. Oops.