Chapter 15- Smoke and Mirrors Part 2

I'm always surprised by the amount of blood that I can lose without feeling anything. But right now, I'm definitely feeling it.

There was a whole ton of blood dripping down my arm and cuts burning on my stomach as I sat on the wood floor, my clothes in a pile on the floor and my dark washcloth the only thing keeping me together.

I may have gone just a little deeper than planned, and now, I wasn't really sure what to do.

I wonder, was I ever really happy?

My sports bra felt rough against my inflamed skin as I stood up, wincing slightly in pain. All I could feel was the stinging pain and the warm sensation of blood dripping down my arms and abdomen.

Didn't get the chance to ask me.

---

"Max, wake up."

I felt someone shake my shoulder slightly which slightly sent a lightning bolt of pain down my arm. I winced slightly as I cracked open my eyes to see Demi standing above me, her signature small smile on her face.

"Morning, sleepyhead," my aunt greeted, plopping down on my bed as I sat up.

"Demi, what're you doing here?" I asked tiredly, bringing one hand up to rub my eyes. What day is it even?

"Wow, nice to see you too, Mad Max." The singer joked, "I came over to talk to Ashley, and she asked me to come wake you up, it's nearly noon."

"Sorry," I mumbled in slight embarrassment but my aunt just shrugged.

"It's fine, I'm gonna go downstairs while you get dressed."

I waited until the door slipped shut to get up fully, walking over to my dresser, pulling out a white training bra, purple long sleeved shirt, and dark green leggings.

After quickly changing, I made sure that the fresh cuts on my arms were covered and my hair wasn't sticking up before leaving my room, making sure to close the white door completely behind me.

Now that I see you clearer.

"Aw, your shirt looks so cute," Demi commented as I came down the wooden stairs. I just smiled at her before walking into the kitchen and coming out a minute later with a glass of apple juice. I felt light headed and really didn't want to pass out. Especially in front of one of my idols.

As I opened my mouth to ask my mom what we were doing today, my step-sister walking in, cutting me off. "Mom, Maxine took the last of the apple juice that I was going to have," Alexa complained in a bratty voice.

"Sorry?" I responded in a questioning voice. Such a stupid thing to whine about.

Mom just rolled her eyes. "Alexa, there's more in the pantry. Next time I'm sure your sister will ask before she just takes, right Maxine?"

I felt my face flush pink as I nodded; Demi was witnessing all of this.

Alexa stormed back out of the room, clearly upset that I hadn't gotten into more trouble.

Was it just smoke and mirrors?

There was an awkward silence in the room for a minute before my mom looked at Demi. "I'll be back in about thirty minutes." She then left the room and a few moments later I heard the front door slam shut. I looked up at Demi in confusion.

"Your Mom asked me to stay here with you and Alexa while she went out grocery shopping," the pop star explained as she walked over to the couch. The tv in front of it was playing some sitcom. "Anything in particular you want to do?"

I just shrugged. "Quiet day in?"

"Sounds like a plan to me."

I couldn't help but relax as we watched Full House on the flat screen, and before long, I fell asleep, my head on Demi's shoulder.

Was it just smoke and mirrors?  

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: So, what did you guys think? Max and Alexa don't seem to get along very well... I wonder if that will change. The views on this story have really been dropping lately, as are the votes, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. If I am, please tell me. Anyways, tell me what you think of the story so far. Is there something you want to see and what do you think of Alexa? As always, please vote and comment!

View:  740

Votes: 51

Comments: 2