Chapter 29- Waitin' For You Part 2

Demi sounds absolutely amazing! I'm getting to sit in the adjacent room as she records a song called Watin' For You. My aunt sounds even better in person through the speakers than she does on albums, although I didn't even know that was possible.

"Hey, M?" I looked up at Demi's voice. The pop singer was standing right in front of me, headphones still around her neck. When the Hell did she stop singing?

And you say that you conquered the lion.

"Yeah?" I asked softly. Is it time to go already? I hated when I came here after school last time; I was bored and confused, but now that it's the weekend, I kind of don't want to leave.

"Wanna give it a try?" Demi asked, holding out the headphones that she was using with a small smile on her face.

Before I could answer at all, Demi put the headphones on my head. She knew that I would say no, but I actually kind of want to... and I kind of don't. "Just give it a try, Mad Max."

Shrugging, I decided that I could give it a try, granted I'll sound like a freakin' dying whale.

The lyrics to Demi's song were written on a piece of paper on the music stand in front of the microphone, and I looked down at them, picking a random place to start.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and blocking out the world, although the fact that the headphones were semi-soundproof helped with that. A lot. 

"Without even tryin'

But she only gets stronger."

I took off the headphone. Nope, I tried, I can't do this. I can hear myself sing and I absolutely suck. 'I'm never singing anything again' I thought to myself as my face flushed red.

"Demi, you didn't say everyone in your family could sing!" I was surprised by the voice coming through the room's speakers. That's my aunt's music producer; I think his name is Oak or something like that.

"I didn't know that she could sing that well."

Are they talking about me? There's no way they are.

She only bites harder and I only die fighting.

I sat the soundproof headphones down on the bench, opening the door to the room so I could get out.

"That was amazing, baby girl!" I was surprised by Demi's voice as she wrapped her arms around me, running one hand through my hair.

"Really?" I questioned softly, ducking under her hand as she pulled the light colored hair tie out of my hair.

"Really, really," the pop singer assured with a smile before someone said something and she turned halfway around, her arms still around my shoulders. "I've got to finish the song but then we'll go somewhere else, okay?"

"Mhm."

---

I'm sitting on the same couch in the lounge as before, but this time I'm not struggling through reading a book. I don't know, sometimes the words just swim around on the page and I have to stop reading, so instead, I'm just on my iPod Touch listening to music and playing a game called Logi which is a puzzle app.

"Hey!" I looked up, pulling out my earbuds when I noticed the girl standing in front of me. It was Camila, one of the three girls I met last time I was here with Demi.

"Hi," I responded with a smile that for once wasn't forced.

You can run, you can run...

"So, what are you playing?" Camila asked me, looking over at my iPod. "Is that a puzzle game?"

"Yeah," I responded. "I downloaded it at dance class one day."

"I don't know... I think I'd rather play something with a story to it," the brunette stated teasingly, smirking when I failed the level for the fourth time.

"Why don't you try it then if you're gonna laugh at me?" I asked, copying her smirk as I tossed the device to her.

Camila didn't say anything since she was trying to move the glowing pieces around on the screen.

---

Between the two of us, Camila and I managed to make it ten levels further than I was where I was before I got here. But, don't tell Mila I said this... I'm a lot better at the game than she is.

But you know that I know just what you've done.

The only problem that I had with today was that Demi said we would get to spend time together after we left the studio... we didn't. She was tired after recording all day and so when my aunt finished, we just went home and Demi took a nap while I tried reading To Kill a Mocking Bird yet again. I freaking hate this stupid book.

You can run, you can run.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hey guys! I know it's been a while, but I hope everyone still wants to read this story, cause I'm really excited to start posting again. Once again, I apologize for basically disappearing for like a month, but I'm back now and plan to stick around for a while. Also, I'm going to stop doing the whole goals for next chapter because I honestly don't think I can keep that up, so I'm going to update as often as I possibly can, although I promise it will be at least two chapters a week if not more. Finally, thank you guys so much for reading and if you made it to the end of this note then you are amazing! I posted a new story yesterday called "warrior" so it would mean a lot if you guys would go check it out, and as always please vote and comment.