Chapter 39- This is Our Song

All the lights in the house we off when I woke up, and although I can't remember why I woke up, my head's pounding, and I'm terrified. Of what, I'm not quite sure.

I sat on my bed for a minute looking around my room at the light purple walls before a moving shadow caught my eye and I immediately jumped up and bolted over to the door.

This is our song;

One of Demi's rules is that I have to sleep with the door open, but right now I don't mind it cause it only made it easier to get out of the room.

The hallway was just as dark as my bedroom as I sprinted towards where I knew Demi's room was, pushing open the door and looking inside while trying to catch my breath. It's not even gone from the running, it's gone cause I'm scared and I feel like I'm about to have an anxiety attack.

That's all that matters, cause we all belong right here together.

"Dems," I whispered, walking further into the room but leaving the door open behind me. Please be awake, please be awake.

"Yeah?" My aunt asked softly, clearly still awake as she rolled over on the bed, her phone screen illuminating her face as she closed whatever app she had been using. "What's wrong?"

"I'm s-scared," I mumbled pitifully, feeling like a little kid as I felt my face heat up.

There's nothin' better than singing along.

"Aw, come here," The pop singer cooed, sitting up in bed and holding her arms out towards me. As soon as she said that I quickly walked over, climbing onto the king-sized bed and laying my head against her chest while she wrapped her arms around me.

"Did you have a nightmare?" Demi asked quietly after a couple of minutes. I just nodded in response.

"You're alright now," the brunette stated kindly, rocking us back and forth. "But you gotta breathe, Mad Max."

"I-I can't."

This is our summer.

"Yes, you can," Demi said softly, her arms still wrapped around me as I felt her heart beating close to my ear. "Just copy my breathing, in and out."

I tried to do as she said and closed my eyes, listening to the sound of her heart and her soft words, and eventually, I did start to regain control over my breathing.

"That's it, baby girl," Demi stated quietly, eventually moving so that we were both laying down as she turned off her phone and plugged it up.

"Try and get some sleep, okay?"

This is our song. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Question: Waffles or pancakes? Chocolate chip waffles for me.