Chapter 2

Kang Ryu:

1018th year

Vampires. Vampires. Is only the word I could ever think when she mention the year. The Cheif also was shocked that I quickly end the call. I don't want some teachings getting from him. I know I mention that I want the King Of Nights's autograph but I never thought that the universe is taking it seriously especially I was joking at the time.

"My dear, is everything okay?" she must have notice that my face went pale since she looks worried. She took something at her basket and offered me a handkercheif. Men, If I were a man, I might even flirt with her. Just kidding! I obviously just have some girl crush thing on her. It's as if, if I were a man which I'm glad I'm not.

"Thank you but I don't need that actually. If you don't mind, can I ask what country is this?" She looks taken a back from my question. She definitely didn't expect that.

"It's Red Emerald. Wow, you must came from to a foreign country. Are you lost?" Now she looks more worried and like a motherly material. Worst than Areum that is.

Well, indeed I came from the foreign country which is a dozen of light years away from here. Maybe? Not sure. Also haven't heard the country Red Emerald in the history books since they never knew the place. Wait.. Holy cow! I just discovered the place! I might become famous when I get back!

"You can actually say that I am lost." I said shyly as I rub my neck. On the first thought, should I make some drama about my past so that I can stay at her place? I need to survive from the night full of monsters!

"What! You should stay at my not-completely-place! The sun is almost setting! We need to go back now! There are vicious vampires in here!" She almost screamed from to much exclamation marks on her sentence. On the second thought, I don't need some drama but just accept her offer. Lucky me!

"Really, I shouldn't do that" I tried to act shy as possible since it is a must whenever someone offers you but when they said it wont bother them, accept it immediately. Atleast that was Veronica taught me.

"No, it is a must! I can't left you here alone when there are vampire or dhampirs on the lose! Although, dhampirs are a rare case but who cares it is what we call safety first." She said, ranting. "Okay, without further do, on to the palace!" She point to the palace like while grabbing my hand to drag me towards the palace and wow, never in my life I imagine I can see old buildings.

"Wait a minute. What do you mean by palace?" I asked she can't be living inside the palace right?

"Mistake, mistake! Sorry for not introducing myself I am actually Alissa, the head maid of the palace and we seriously need a maid. So I choose you. Be thankful I didn't let you die tonight" she said with a cheerful sing sang voice. Now I think she is crazy. Well I suppose I am a bit crazy when it comes to food and science.

"So I can be a maid and earn money without being interviewed?" I shockingly said and she look me weirdly but then laugh after that.

"You're so cute! My dear, the word interview only exist in the dictionary of the police people" she grins giving me a peace sign. "We're here" she sang. Good thing she isn't tone deaf or else I have to witchcraft her and make her a good singer.

"I never expect that the palace would be so huge" I also never thought that the history books are so precise about it. This is interesting. The chandeliers are so high up in the place. They only have candles and torch though. It was nit made by light bulbs, fascinating. I think ruining the machine is a great idea. Thanks Jerome.