Chapter 30

Kang Ryu:

It's been two days when it happened. Tonight will be the fight of the two Kings. Based on what William and Alissa have told me, there are some high possibilities that they might drug or put me in the jail because Taehyung requested to. Last time I checked, Taehyung didn't wanted me to know so he lied about playing a chess.

I probably will not eat or drink anything that they will offer and will be cautious about my surroundings just to be safe. I guess my poor stomach will be empty this lunch until tomorrow but, I'll act as if I don't know anything and just chew the food and spit it if I have the chance to. Then, my act will start there.

It's been a while that I am in the bed. I'm impressed that I didn't sleep despite for closing my eyes for almost an hour now. I could hear the crowds cheering and that's my cue for knowing that it is starting. I slowly open my eyes checking if there are maids or guards in the room. Thankfully, there was none.

I plan to use the door to exit this room but it is too risky. So I decided to use my wind magic to break the windows and cut off the bars. Yes, just like in movies but sometimes, you need to follow them for your own good.

After I escape, I look around the palace and it was very quiet and no vampires were seen. I guess they are all in the battle field, watching. To avoid getting caught, I decided to use my magic, the one that can sense their presence and it didn't detect anything. So I decided to change my outfit into a maid one using my magic again and quickly run through the battle field which is far away from here.

"Gosh, why is the battle so far? I might get cramps sooner or later since I haven't warm up!" I shouted in the empty place of the palace.

When I arrived at the battle field, there are guards everywhere. They are surrounding the whole building, well not really a building but it looks like a colosseum though. I sigh hoping they won't notice me. I act like a normal maid walking towards the entrance with two soldiers at both sides. Yes, the guards and soldiers are being mixed.

"Stop right there. Don't you know that you're late from the fight? Also, you are not allowed to enter here." The soldier stopped me while I gave them a confusing look.

"I'm sorry but didn't the King ordered everyone to see?" I nervously said since I wasn't so sure. They both look at each other and chuckled.

"Yes he did but what we meant is this entrance is for the guest. You, maids should enter over there not here." He pointed while I blushed because of my mistake. Well, atleast they are friendly.

"Oh. Thank you!" I smiled and run towards the door they directed me and I easily got in. Thank goodness that the guards and soldiers in here are not familiar with me. If this was held in the Moon Kingdom, then everything will be hard.

I took a slight peak in the feild and was relieved to know it was only the MC who are hyping the audience up and not the Kings. I figure that they might be under the ground, preparing and I was right when I saw Taehyung's back. He was sitting still without an armor.

"Ya, Taehyung, why did you plan to drug me and didn't even bothered to tell me this." I smack his head hard because I was not pissed. He looked at me angrily thinking it was someone but then he was shocked to know that it is the great and mighty Ryu. Okay, I am thinking high on myslef. I need to stop.

"What are you doing here? How did you escape?" He stood up and hold me as he shaked me furiously.

"First of all, I am here because of you. Second of all, there are no fluffy maids, guards or even soldiers in my room. Well not to mention they are all here, watching." I hissed. He face palmed himself probably thinking it was such a big mistake leaving me there alone and not being guarded.

"You will stay here vasílissa mou and no matter what will happen to me, just trust me that I will win." He fakely smiled. It was so obvious that he was worried.

"Taehyung, the son of the greatest King of the Moon Kingdom, King Jaehyun II and the wisest Queen of the Sun Kingdom, Queen Hyeri who are both pure blooded Royal Vampires and who possesses Demonic Powers that was given by the Four Prophets and the Four Witched." I said seriously and he was frozen.

"What are you talking about? Stop this nonsense. I am a dhampir, a fake King." He ruffled his hair in frustration. I guess he was holding it back huh?

"They didn't abandon you but loves you dearly. When you were still a baby, they got ambushed by the vampire slayers and one of them possessed Demonic Powers too. They could fight them but because they are busy protecting you, they died." I said. He put his head to shoulders.

"I knew that already but I just can't believe it." He whispered and I was taken a back. If he knew this already, why would William and Alissa told me to tell him the truth?

"But, they didn't told me my parent's names. I also need an another person to tell me again so that I can believe it whole heartedly. Never thought it was you vasílissa mou. I thought you are easy to read but I guess you can be predictable too..." He laughed dryly. I guess this is the reason. "But how did you know about this?" He continued.

"Because I was told- no, because I cared about you and I don't want to lose you." I caress his head.

"Never also thought you would be this sweet." He teased. I wanted to smack him again but since I am the kind Ryu, I decided to stay silent.

"It's my fault they died." He hissed. I quickly held his head to meet my eyes.

"No, that is not your fault if you think of that but you should stand up and go outside from your comfort zone. Don't waste their lives because I'm sure, they are proud of their son." I smiled at him. He sighed and smiled back. He straighten his posture.

"Ryu, the fight will now start..." He said and patted my head. He moved forward to enter the battle field as I look at him.

"Taehyung.." I called. He looked back and I quickly kissed his lips and hugged him. He kissed me back. There were no tongues invloved and it was not that intense but it was surely the best romantic kiss I have experienced with him. We stopped and looked at each others eyes as I released the hug.

He kissed my forehead and walked again but then, he suddenly stopped and added, "Watch me win my lovely Queen." He smiled.

________

I don't know what present you want for this Christmas and I'm not good at giving gifts. So readers, comment here what you want from me and I will give it to you as soon as possible. Deadline will be on December 27 because I will give you the present you wanted this December 28. Hope you accept late gifts <3.