Fem!Reader x Sansa Stark - When you Believe

A/N- this imagine is based on the song "When you Believe," by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey. Thank you to my bestie, Carolanne, for helping to give me the idea. Also, get ready for some gag-worthy cutesy shit because whats the point in writing a beautiful wedding if it isn't going to be the literal cutest thing in the world.

You felt your fingers twitch as you stood in front of the the weir-wood tree in the gods woods of Winterfell. It was cold, so cold in fact that you could see your warm breath mixing with the light wind to create a mist, which floated away from you as you kept your eyes fixed on the strange face of the tree. You could hear people murmuring in their seats, not moving until the doors which led to you opened and revealed Sansa, smiling wildly at you with Jon at her side.

It seemed like it took years for her to reach you, and you spent each second with your eyes watching her. Her hair was pinned back in a manner that seemed effortless, letting the loose strands hang around her shoulders, and her soft skin was pale and beautiful, but it was her eyes that drew you in, the grey in them sparkling as they met yours, and her smile only grew.

As she finally made it to your side you let out a light chuckle, leaning forward to press your lips to her cheek. "You look perfect, My Love," you muttered in her ear, causing her cheeks to redden as she shook her head.

"I love you," she murmured back, just loud enough that only you could hear her. You smiled as you moved to face her properly, moving your skirts with your hands before taking ahold of hers and pressing your lips to the skin of her palm.

" Who comes here, before the gods, to take this vow?" the maester asked, smiling as he looked between the two of you.

Jon took a step forward, nodding to the maester before he spoke. "Lady Sansa, of house Stark, comes here to be wed," he announced to the crowd, all of whom were smiling with a ferocity the north had not seen for a long time.

"And Lady Y/N, of house (House name here), also comes to be wed," your brother spoke up, his hand resting on your arm as he smiled at the two of you.

Your vows would be anything but traditional, there would be no talk of claiming one another, nor of the alliances your marriage would solidify, you would only speak of the love you felt for one another. "Lady Sansa, will you take this woman?"

Sansa nodded, a smile clear on her lips as she squeezed your hands in hers. "I take this woman." The happiness in her voice was clear, her words dancing around you as though she had sung them to you, personally.

"And Lady Y/N, do you take this woman?" the maester continued.

"I take this woman," you answered softly, biting down lightly on your bottom lip as you watched her smile in a way that was meant only for you. You reached towards your brother, allowing him to place the heavy cloak of your house into your hand and chuckled as you unfurled it, hanging it around her shoulders and pressing a kiss to her lips.

Sansa copied your movement, taking the Stark cloak from Jon and draping it over your shoulders before leaning her forehead against yours. "I love you," she muttered, her lips brushing against yours for only a moment before she pulled away.

*Time Skip*

Sansa held your hand in hers, both resting in her lap as you watched your families dance around the great hall. The room was so full of joy that it was hard to think of how troubled Winterfell had been but a year before. You could see your brother standing close to his wife, his hand resting on the bump that was her pregnant stomach. So much good had happened in the last year that you couldn't help the smile that remained plastered to your lips. You shuffled a little closer to your new wife, pressing a kiss to her neck and inhaling the sweet vanilla scent of her perfume. The music came to a stop and you knew that it was time for the two of you to speak.

You smiled as you helped Sansa to her feet, holding her hand tightly in yours as you smiled around the room. "Thank you all for coming to celebrate with us today, I cannot speak for my wife, but it makes my heart so full to see so many familiar faces here again," you began, glancing at Sansa and seeing her gazing at you in adoration. "I think we can all appreciate what a beautiful bride Sansa makes, and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life telling her that."

"Stop," she chuckled lightly, her hand coming up to rub at her blushing cheeks.

"But truly," you continued, "I am so honoured to be standing here with you today, My Love, and I am more than happy to continue loving you until the day I die, and far beyond death itself."

You could see the tears in Sansa's eyes, and for a moment you felt almost guilty for causing such a reaction, that was, until she began speaking. "I have never been good with words, and I never believed that I would be standing here before you all with a wife at my side," she started, turning her gaze on the crowd for just a moment before looking back into your eyes, "but being with you, and being lucky enough to have you love me for who I am rather than just for my name, has made me believe that miracles truly can come true." You smiled at her, leaning in and pressing your lips to hers as the crowd began to cheer. "You are my miracle," she murmured against your lips.

When you pulled away you took your hand in yours, leading her down into the crowd and pulling her to you to begin dancing. Within seconds the band had begun playing once more, and you both swayed to the music, pressed against one another. You chuckled when you felt Jon's hand on your shoulder and heard him congratulate the two of you.

Sansa had been right, when you were a child you had believed that you would be forced into a marriage to a man, someone you would never love by no fault of your own. When you had told your mother that you loved women she had told you that you were wrong, that soon enough you would meet a man who would set you straight again, a man you would want to marry, but the day never came, and she had died before you had even had a chance to meet Sansa. There was something in you that hoped that she would have loved your wife, as you did, but you knew in your heart of hearts that she never would have agreed to the marriage, and in that moment, you were more than thankful for the support of your brother and his family.

"Perhaps we should travel somewhere," Sansa murmured in your ear, "somewhere warm," she continued and you let out a light chuckle.

You hummed your agreement when she raised an eyebrow in question. "We could go to Essos," you told her softly, running your hand up her spine, "or Dorne."

"I have heard that Dorne is beautiful," she answered quietly and you nodded.

"Then we shall go to Dorne as soon as we can have it arranged, My Love." You could still feel the eyes of your guests on you, but any part of you that had once protested the idea of being watched left you as you kissed your wife once more.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x