Bad at Love (Bi!Reader xBeric Dondarion/Robb Stark/Margaery Tyrell/Sansa Stark)

A/N- This modern AU imagine is based on the song 'Bad at Love' by Halsey. I hope you enjoy it.

You had never been one for romance. In fact, the idea of being wooed by some stuck up prick had never been something that had appealed to you. Instead, you preferred to flit from relationship to relationship, avoiding the responsibility of falling in love with anyone. You often found that when you began to have feelings of any kind you would split, putting some form of barrier between you and getting out before anything became too serious.

You had decided to put an end to your relationship with Beric when he told you that he loved you for the first time. You were only young at the time and he had sprung it on you before either of you were truly ready to settle down. You were enjoying your time with him until then, but he had thrown a spanner in the works and all of a sudden every interaction was uncomfortable. He would kiss you, and though he still tasted as perfect as he originally had, it felt wrong, and you would pull away, wincing at your inability to put an end to the relationship. But you had both put up with it, for longer than any sane person should have.

"I'm going to meet the boys later, wanna come?" he had asked one evening, and it was as though all of the parts fell into place in your mind. You shrugged slightly, shifting on your sofa to look over at where he was standing, rolling the cuff of his shirt up.

"I don't really like them," you murmured, looking down at the loose threads on your sleeve and picking at the end of it.

"Why not?" he asked, staring at you in confusion. In all honestly, you quite enjoyed spending time with Beric's friends, they were wild and free and interesting, but you needed an out.

"They're just boring, I don't understand why you spend so much time with them," you added, turning to face away with him.

"You know, you can be a real bitch sometimes," he growled, yanking the door of your flat shut behind him as he stormed out, and causing it to shake the entire room. You felt a small smile come to your lips as you kicked your legs up on the arm of the sofa.

Within a week, Beric had decided that it was time to call it quits, and had moved all of his stuff out of your flat. You couldn't say you were surprised, you had been pushing him away as efficiently as you could, and he had finally cracked.

It didn't take you long to get yourself into another relationship, this time with the son of one of the most powerful men in the world. Robb was a sweet boy, almost too sweet at times, but he truly was boring. He had an obsession with keeping everything traditional. You had attempted to ignore it at first, avoiding the weekly family dinners, and miraculously falling ill whenever he wanted to take you to game nights and movie days with his friends. But the final straw had been when you were discussing work. Your time at university was coming to an end and you had decided that if he were willing to continue supporting you for a few more months you would have a real shot at a career in music.

"What are you talking about?" he asked you softly, causing you to laugh as you shifted to look at him.

"What do you mean 'what am I talking about?' I've been telling you for months that I want to be a musician, I just need to catch a break," you told him, causing him to burst out laughing.

"I didn't think you were serious," he started, watching as your face fell, "I just thought it was a hobby, you wouldn't need to work, once we marry you can be a stay at home mother," he told you, causing you to scoff.

"I enjoy making music, I would never be happy cooking and cleaning all day," you hissed, pulling yourself out of his arms and getting to your feet.

"You'd get used to it," he started, pausing when your face contorted in anger.

"No, I wouldn't," you told him, more forceful with your tone, "and I don't want to," you added, moving towards the door to slip on your shoes.

"Where are you going?" he called after you.

"Home, this isn't working and I'm leaving you," you answered quickly, barely glancing behind you as you pulled the door open, your jacket resting over your arm.

"You're insane," he spat at you, and you simply raised your hand without turning to him, flipping him the middle finger as you walked out the door.

You had quickly moved south when Robb hadn't stopped calling and visiting you, and you had found yourself in a far less traditional set-up. You and Margaery had barely started dating and you had truly begun caring about her when it started falling apart, and you had quickly noticed that something wasn't right between you.

It wasn't until you had walked in on her sitting with an almost empty bottle of wine at 10 in the morning that you had realised what had been happening under your own nose.

"You haven't actually been drinking have you?" you asked as you came into the room, feeling her eyes linger on you as she got to her feet, stumbling slightly. "Margaery, this is the third time this week, and it's not even gone midday," you told her softly, pulling the bottle out of her way as she began moving around the room. It was likely that the red would stain the carpet if she had knocked it over, and in her state it was just as likely that she would knock into the bottle.

"Give it back," she bit at you, holding out her hand to you. You shook your head at her words, marching out of the room with the bottle.

You reached the kitchen quickly, unscrewing the lid and tipping the last of the red liquid down the sink, staining the porcelain. "I'm going to get you help," you told her as she reached past you, attempting to grab the bottle from your hands. "Please, you have a problem and you need to talk to someone," you added, shoving her lightly and causing her to stumbled away from you.

"I don't have a problem," she growled at you, "you don't know what you're talking about," she spat, pushing off of the wall, where she was leaning precariously, and leaving the room.

"I can't help you if you won't listen to me," you told her, following closely behind her until she span to face you.

"I don't need your help," she hissed, grabbing your arm to steady herself. "Why don't you just fuck off?"

You had left the south as quickly as you had moved their, journeying back to the north and hoping that you could avoid Robb in all of his needy glory. But he wasn't the Stark you had happened upon. You were wondering around the market when your eyes met Sansa's. She smiled when she recognised you from the times you had been unable to avoid Robb's family, and it sent a sharp pang to your chest. She had always been a nice girl, but you had never noticed just how attractive she was.

"Hi," she smiled as she spoke, causing her entire face to light up. "Robb said you had moved away," she started and you let out a small chuckle.

"I had, but there were some complications," you answered, "how about we go and get a drink and I can explain it all," you added and she quickly nodded, taking your hand in hers and pulling you in the direction of the inn across the road.

You woke the next morning with Sansa curled against your side. The way she smiled, even in her sleep, made your heart soar and you couldn't help but keep watching her as she snored softly. It was too bad that the relationship wouldn't work, there was no way that either of you wanted to admit it, but Robb would be a road block. You couldn't tell a soul about your sweet hidden-away moments for fear of someone breaking the news to her brother, and soon enough it all drifted apart.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x