Reader x Podrick Payne (Requested by fiffyshadow)

A/N- This modern AU imagine was written for fiffyshadow. The dresses that she tried on will be available for viewing on Pinterest, the link to the board (Wedding dresses - Wattpad) can be found in the comments below.

"You know I would love you to be there, Pod, but it's bad luck for you to see the dress before the wedding," you murmured, feeling his arms wrap around your waist and his face bury into your neck. You chuckled when he grumbled slightly, and shuffled, turning to face him. "Just think, it will be a magnificent surprise on the day," you added and he nodded, pressing a kiss to your collar bone as you wriggled out of his grip.

"I can't believe you are taking Brienne with you," he mumbled, watching you pace your bedroom, collecting your things in a hurry.

"I don't have many female friends, and she is far more honest than either of our mothers would be," you chuckled, coming to a stop as he held your keys out to you. "Thank you, Darling," you added as you took them from his hands, pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

"Have fun," he called after you as you hurried from the room and down the stairs of your home, his footsteps following behind you as you made it to the door.

"I'll be home soon," you called back, pulling the door closed and rushing over to your car. You were already running late, too busy consoling your fianće on his inabilty to come with you to choose your dress. You had wanted him to come with you, but the bridal store had sent you a rather strict email when you had asked and had banned him from joining you, so you had gone with your second choice instead.

You hit dial on your phone as soon as you were in the car, hitting speaker phone and throwing it on the seat beside you before pulling out onto the road. "Hello?" the voice asked quietly and you let out a deep sigh.

"I'm on my way, I just got caught up at home," you spoke softly, surveying the road as you continued on your journey.

"There's no hurry, it's all running late here anyway." You loved Brienne sometimes, she had often been one of the most comforting people in your life and had managed to calm even your most erratic moods.

"Thank you," you sighed softly, "I'll be ten minutes, tops."

"Drive safe, I'll see you soon," she answered quickly before hanging up the phone, plunging your car into silence. You quickly reached for the radio, fiddling with it until some cheesy pop song from the 90's began to play throughout the small space.

*Time Skip*

You had almost ran into the store when you finally arrived, your face red and sweaty, partially from running across the road from the nearest car park, and partially from the nerves you were feeling at being under the eye of all of the staff. "I'm so sorry I'm late," you told one of the women sitting at the front desk, and she simply smiled up at you.

"Don't worry about it, you're friend warned us that you were having car trouble," she answered you softly, getting to her feet and gesturing for you to follow her deeper into the store. "Lara will be helping you with your fitting today, if there is anything you need, don't be afraid to ask." You both stopped as you reached the room full of dresses, your eyes finding Brienne quickly amongst all of the different shades of white. Sitting beside her was a young woman, who you assumed was Lara, who beamed up at you when you hurried over to wrap your arms around your friend.

"Have you found anything nice whilst you've been waiting?" you asked her as she held you at arms length, smiling down at you.

"I have no idea what you would want," she chuckled and you nodded as you glanced around the room.

"If I'm being completely honest, neither do I," you told her, watching as she shook her head. Lara was quick to get to her feet after that.

"You must be our beautiful bride," she gushed, coming closer and taking your bag from your hands, setting it down on one of the plush sofas. "We'll find something perfect for you today," she added, taking your hand in hers and glancing at the engagement ring on your finger. The ring had been simple, something that Pod had known you would like. You had only just bought your house when he had proposed, and the budget had been tight, but you wouldn't have asked for anything to have been different when he got down on one knee. "So elegant," she told you, smiling again before ushering you over to one of the seats. "So do you have any idea what you would like to wear on your big day?"