Yara Greyjoy X Shapeshifting!Targaryen!Reader (Requested by Twinkel52)

A/N- This imagine was requested by TWINKEL52. It went a little off course, so I am very sorry. I hope you all enjoy it.

You chuckled as you rolled to your feet, twisting to stand beside Dany as she smiled down at the woman you had captured, who scrambled rather inelegantly to her feet. It had taken a long time for your transformations to become as swift and graceful as the one you had just completed; turning midair back into your human form as you soared through the window, and landing delicately on the stone floor. You glanced over at your sister, who simply continued to smile as she watched Yara struggling for words.

"She's real," she finally managed, her eyes wide as they landed on you, looking for any sign of the beast she had seen moments before. It wasn't like you were a normal shifter; your human body couldn't be any further from the creature you turned into. Her scales were bold; electric purple and pure white and black as night. And your skin was simply existent; there was nothing extraordinary about it. Even your silvery hair wasn't quite as pale as your sisters, your violet eyes not quite as bright either.

A soft snort of laughter escaped your lips, and you gave a small nod. "Indeed," you answered softly. Your voice was gentle, somewhat disconcerting seeing the damage you could cause in your other form. You tilted your head slightly when she continued to stare. "My sister requested your presence."

"You were under my ship," she started again, "I saw you." You continued to smile, and she kept on with her rambling. "Dragons don't usually swim, not that deep, how'd you do it?"

"Perhaps we could discuss this some other time, Captain. Before you stands Daenerys of the house Targaryen. She has a proposition for you." You turned your head, glancing at a smiling Missandie, who nodded slightly before stepping forward.

"Lady Greyjoy," she started, and you found that a moment later you had lost complete track of the conversation as you felt Yara's eyes on you again.

"You carried me all the way here," she uttered again, and Missandie went quiet, her eyes drifting over to where Yara was staring. "You picked me up off of the ground and flew here. That shouldn't be possible."

You released a small sigh, turning to face Daenerys completely. "It seems I will be rather distracting if I remain, Khaleesi, I will take me leave. Lady Greyjoy," you paused for a moment, fixing your gaze back on the woman, "when my sister is done addressing you, the guards will bring you to me." With that you gave a short nod to the women in the room and drifted through the door.

*Time Skip*

Since coming to Dragonstone you had spent most of your time on the cliffs overlooking the sea. There was something soothing about it. Knowing that at any moment, the wind could pick up, and the sea would go into a frenzy, and the grass would tremble with the power of the air, but that you would remain completely unmoved, untouched by it's fury. It had been a perfect place to transform, the only place safe from peering eyes, yet open enough for you to change entirely.

"How old were you when you learned you could change?" The question should have startled you, should have caught you off guard at least a little, but you were completely unfazed by the new presence.

You shrugged slightly, "I've always known what I was," you told her softly, your eyes remaining on the twisting sea. "People believe that usually someone will recognise their true self when they come of age, but they're wrong; the true stimulus is fear." Yara remained silent, and for a moment you began to believe that she had left you, but a quick glance over your shoulder corrected your theory. "I have had longer to become this version of myself than any other shapeshifter my age."

"I thought shifters had all died out." The statement made you wince slightly. It was true; most had disappeared long before you were born, unable to produce more than Halflings. Human babies with dragon wings, or a tail, or claws. Rarely a full shifter.

You tightened your jaw, forcing a smile back onto your lips. "You thought wrong."

"So I can see." You nodded, turning back to look out to sea as she came nearer, standing beside you with her arms folded tightly across her chest. "I still don't understand how you could carry me all this way," she started again, and you held back a chuckle.

"I'm stronger than I look." Yara snorted at your answer, her eyes landing on you again. "Or you are lighter than you think." You paused again. "Or shifters take on the qualities of the creatures they become."

Yara nodded, "you made a beautiful dragon, for all of the time I managed to actually look at you." You felt your cheeks heat up as you stared out at the water. "And you make an equally beautiful human."

You shook your head, "if you are adamant that you must flirt with me then you really ought to try harder." You glanced over at her, watching as she bit down on her lip.

"Sorry," she started slightly and you shook your head.

"There is no need to apologise, My Lady. Though, I do hope I've answered your questions."

Yara seemed to tense as you began walking back towards the castle, giving a small jog to begin walking at your side. "You've been very helpful," her words fell into silence, and you glanced at her as you continued your journey.

"You aren't quite what I expected." She frowned slightly, her brow furrowing in confusion as she paused mid-step. "My sister told me you were known to be brazen, but you seem to have very little to say for yourself."

She shrugged slightly, "you have left me rather lost for words."

You chuckled, smiling over at her when she caught up to you again. "She seemed rather certain that you would find me interesting, though I'm not sure how she knew."

"My reputation seems to travel just a few days ahead of me, My Lady," she told you softly.

You tilted your head to the side, like a puppy listening intently to it's owner. "And what reputation would that be?"

Yara cleared her throat slightly as she considered your question. It would have been easy enough for her to lie to you, to make up some tall tale of heroism and bravery, but it felt wrong to lie to someone so pure. "That I am rather loose with my companions."

You hummed slightly, rolling her words around your mind for a moment. "So you enjoy the company of women?" Yara nodded, and you felt another smile sneak onto your lips. "No wonder my sister felt the need to tell me."

"I would never push my advances on a woman who was uninterested, My Lady," she interrupted, and you nodded slightly.

"I do not doubt your outstanding moral fibre," you started, "it is simply that Dany is aware of my own sexuality, and she has taken it upon herself to find me a suitable wife." Yara's mouth hung upon when you finally hazarded a glance in her direction. "I assume that she intends to cement our families alliance with marriage."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x