Bronn X Reader - You Were Meant For Me

A/N - This imagine is based on the lyrics to the song 'You Were Meant For Me' by Jewel. I love this song so much. I hope you all enjoy it.

Your chambers were cold when you woke, shifting under the covers in an attempt to sap the last of the heat from the sheets. Eventually, you would have to give up and show your face; the household needed to see you in order to know you were truly alive. And yet, you lingered there for another moment, imagining that if you rolled over your husband would be laying beside you, waiting with some snarky little comment.

You kept your eyes squeezed tightly shut, twisting your body to face his side of the bed, as though you could will him into existence. But, when your eyes opened you were disappointed to find his spot empty. 

The floor was somehow even colder than the rest of the room, the icy temperature seeping into your feet as you took tentative steps towards your chest. You didn't want to get dressed, hells, you didn't really want to do anything other that climb back into bed and wait until Bronn came home. Your mother had told you days ago that it wasn't truly an option, but you found yourself considering it more seriously with each day that passed.

Once dressed, you found your way down to the great hall, forcing a smile onto your lips as you pushed through the doors. Your mother was already there, sitting at the table and leafing through the days corespondents. She'd become a true friend since Bronn had been gone, picking up the slack where you had been unable to complete some of your daily tasks.

"Good morning," she started softly, glancing up at you with a small smile as you took the seat opposite her. 

"Morning," you answered quietly, lifting a hand for the serving girl to come to your side. "I'll have tea," you told her and she nodded before turning to leave.

"Wait," your mother interrupted, drawing the girl back to the table, "she'll have something to eat too, whatever's quickest." Your smile dropped as you stared at her in surprise. "You need to eat," she added as the serving girl left.

You shrugged slightly, "I'm not hungry."

"You've not been hungry for days," she muttered, "but he wouldn't want you starving, would he?"

A sigh escaped your throat, and you shook your head. "It's not about-"

"Of course it isn't," she interrupted softly, reaching forward and taking your hand in hers. "It is okay to worry about him, I'd be concerned if you weren't, but this isn't healthy."

You nodded, unable to think of the words to fill the silence. "Anything interesting?" you finally uttered, gesturing to the letters piled in front of your mother.

"Nothing good," she paused for a moment, "the Targaryen girl attacked a group transporting goods out of Highgarden. Killed a large chunk of the Lannister army that was travelling with them, most burnt to death."

A small sniffle caught in your throat as you listened, a frown etched so deeply onto your lips. "She's so cruel," you murmured quietly.

"Our Queen would do the same were the tables turned. Cersei Lannister is as cruel as this new girl seems to be." 

You sat silently for a moment until the serving girl came back with toast and eggs for you. You poked the food around the plate for a while, taking a few small mouthfuls before eventually just giving up. "I'm really not hungry," you murmured when your mother frowned at you. "I'm going for a walk," you added, getting to your feet and making a hasty exit from the great hall.

*Time Skip*

By the time you reached the beach the rain had begun to fall. Harsh droplets that bounced off of the sand, soaking you through as you continued meandering along the shoreline. You had always loved being down here. 

As a child, you play on the sand with your brothers; running wild and free with such joy that now you envied your old self. More recently, you had spent hours upon hours down by the sea with Bronn, strolling together and learning everything there was to know about him. But now, it just brought back the loneliness, leaving a heavy weight on your chest as you thought about how happy you would be if you could see him, if only for a few moments. 

What would you even say? If you were to turn and find him walking towards you, how would you even greet him? I've missed you. It hardly felt like enough for the way you'd been feeling since he'd been gone. I love you. No, he always got all uncomfortable when you mentioned love. Of course, you knew he cared for you, in the way he acted, the way he touched you, but the words were a rarity between you.

You sighed, slumping down onto the wet sand, already a sodden mess. Nothing you could come up with would ever accurately describe the way you felt for Bronn now. No words would ever be good enough. 

Perhaps you would say it all with a kiss. One of those kisses that leaves you breathless and lightheaded. The kind that you had shared on your wedding night, the first time Bronn had shared your bed. Yes, a kiss. That would be how you told him you loved him, and that you missed him, if you could see him now.

*Time Skip*

That night you went about your routine as usual. A long soak in the bath, in an attempt to chase the cold out of your bones from your walk. Untangling your hair at your vanity. And then climbing into bed with a book and trying your hardest to actually absorb any of the words on the page. That had become a lot harder as of recent. You found your eyes wondering the room, searching for anything to focus on, to keep your attention for longer than five seconds. Nothing ever did. 

Eventually, you would give in, settling down under the covers and staring at the ceiling until waking thoughts gave way to dreams. 

Your sleep was interrupted, however, when you heard your chamber door creaking open. You stilled, breathing a quietly as you could as you listened for any hint of an intruder. Silence. Perhaps it was just the wind, you thought. The doors were old and prone to making unusual noises at night. And then there was another creak, this time from a floorboard. 

You released a deep breath, your grip on the sheets tightening as you wished for the person to leave, wished for your potential attacker to have a change of heart and hurry away. But there was no luck, another creaking floorboard. 

"Y/N? Are you awake?" You could have sworn your heart almost stopped when the voice passed through you. You were turning over in an instant, you eyes landing on Bronn, standing there in the middle of your chambers, dishevelled and tired-looking, but home. "Hi."

"Hello." Fuck, this wasn't part of your plan. "I didn't think you were coming home yet." Another stupid sentence. 

"Neither did I." 

You paused for a moment, a small, lost smile coming to your lips as your stared at your husband. "I missed you." No, fuck. This wasn't the plan. 

Bronn smiled, crossing the space between you and giving you a rough kiss. "I missed you too," he murmured against your lips, so caught up in you that he couldn't risk pulling away for even a second.

"I love you." Seven fucking hells. You were really bad at this whole reuniting thing. 

"I love you too." 

You stilled at his words, pulling back to run a hand over his jaw, your mouth hanging open slightly. 

"I really fucking love you," he reiterated, pulling you back to him for another kiss. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x