Stark!Reader x Tyrion Lannister - Mercy

A/N- This imagine is based on the Accoustic version of the song "Mercy" by Duffy. I adore her voice and have always loved this song. I hope you all like it!

"Fuck," you muttered to yourself, hurrying down the hallway and towards your chambers. You had known that something had been wrong for a while now but you had never expected to find out that your relationship was as good as over from one of the maids. "Fuck," you all but whimpered, balling your hands into fists and burying them against your closed eyes, fighting back tears. You reached your door with little issue, shoving through it and slamming it shut behind you without even looking. You truly had believed Tyrion when he had told you that he loved you, and you had loved him too, but the strain of being in King's Landing had gotten the best of you both, and you had begun to grow apart. You were standing in your chambers, unmoving but breathing heavily as you continued to stare at the open window on the other side of the room. "Fuck," you murmured again, allowing the tears to spring into your eyes and to begin making tracks down your cheeks.

"It looks like you heard the news," Tyrion muttered from behind you, causing you to jump and turn. He was frowning as he looked at you, but all it did was spur your anger at him.

"Yes, though it would have been much nicer to have heard it from the man I love," you growled at him, stalking away and towards the bed.

"This wasn't me, Y/N, it was the King, there is nothing I can do," he told you softly, moving closer to you and taking your hand gently in his, running his thumb over the soft skin.

"Did you even try?" you asked him softly, slumping down onto the bed and sniffling away the tears, "did you try and refuse?"

"Of course I did," he started, causing you to scoff. "Y/N, please, I tried to speak some sense into him but you know how he can be," he continued, watching as your lip quivered.

"Of all the people he could have wed you to," you muttered, squeezing his hand in yours lightly.

"I won't touch Sansa, Y/N, I couldn't, not knowing how it would hurt you," he whispered to you and you shook your head at his words.

"This needs to end, Tyrion, I can't keep sleeping with you once you are my sister's husband," you told him, "I like to believe I still have some sort of moral compass, no matter how skewed it has been recently," you added and he nodded.

"I understand." He lifted your hand to his mouth, pressing a kiss to your knuckles. "I will always love you," he murmured against the skin.

"We should of stayed in Winterfell when we had the chance," you answered him softly, pulling your hand gently out of his grip and getting to your feet. "Thank you for visiting me, Lord Tyrion." Your voice cracked as you spoke, but you gestured to the door, pretending it had never happened.

"Don't be a stranger, My Lady," he told you softly, climbing from the bed and crossing the room. He paused for a moment as he pulled the door open, glancing at you over his shoulder for a moment and giving you a short nod, which you returned as he made his way out of your chambers.

It seemed that in the time you had been in King's Landing the King had taken everything from you, a father, a lover, and a home. But there was little you could do, you couldn't abandon your sister in such a despicable city. It was then that you decided to contact some of the only people you knew you could trust.

*Time Skip*

"Lady Olenna," you yelped, allowing her to pull you into a hug. You had grown to love the older woman, and she had always been kind and honest with you.

"I was sorry to hear about your sister's engagement, dear," she told you softly. You nodded to her, forcing a small smile onto your lips.

"So was I," you muttered, helping her to her seat around the table in your chambers. "Will Prince Oberyn be joining us this evening?" you asked her and she gave a quick nod as she glanced around your chambers.

"You ought to have better chambers than these, child, you are a Stark, you should be housed like one," she told you and you let out a light chuckle.

"I suppose they would have been better if the circumstances were better." You shrugged as you spoke, but you knew it was true, had you been allowed to marry Tyrion you would have been living in much more habitable chambers, but seeing as you were of traitor's seed you were kept in one of the draughtiest rooms in the Red Keep.

You crossed the room when there was a knock on the door, pulling it open to reveal Oberyn and smiling as you let him pass you. "My lady, it's lovely to finally get to meet you," he told you softly and you nodded, gesturing for him to take his seat.

"There is no need for you to use my titles, Oberyn, no one else does," you murmured, and he nodded, giving you a sad smile. It seemed that everyone in King's Landing knew about your trouble with the royal family.

"Very well," he told you, taking a seat and waiting for you to join the table. "Why was it you wanted to speak with us, Y/N?"

"I want to kill the King," you answered them, finally giving them a genuine smile as you poured some wine into the three goblets that sat on the wooden surface of the table.

Oberyn let out a strangled cough as he widened his eyes at you before turning to Lady Olenna, "I like her," he chuckled, turning back to you with a wide smile.

"I thought you would, she is a bold as she is beautiful, isn't that your usual criteria?" she asked him and he laughed again, causing you to raise an eyebrow at the two of them.

"Will you help me?" you interrupted, causing them both to turn to you.

"Of course we will, dear, why else would we be here?" You smiled as Olenna pet your hand lightly. With the help of two of the most powerful houses in the Seven Kingdoms you would murder a King and exact your revenge for all of the pain he had caused you.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x