Theon Greyjoy X Iron Islander!Reader - Bitch

A/N- This imagine is based on the song Bitch by Meredith Brooks. I loved the idea of a girl who would be able to keep Theon on his toes, and so I attempted to bring her to life.

Your finger was restless as you flipped through page after page of the work that Maester Luwin had given you. The book was as big as your head, and twice as full of rubbish, and you had been bored almost immediately. For a moment you longed for Theon, he had a way of making even menial tasks fun for you, but you mentally scolded your brain for its thoughts. 

Theon was a player. He always had been, from the moment he was old enough to get away with his flirtations. And where you were concerned he was no different, constantly attempting to talk his way into your bed. You had to admit, on occassion you had been tempted by his offers. He was a sweet guy when he wanted to be, and he was undoubtably handsome, but his reputation had always been enough to scare you off.

You finally released a deep sigh, leaning back in your seat and allowing the book to fall closed on the table, drawing Maester Luwin's eyes to you. "I don't understand what this has to do with my education," you muttered, your nails scraping at the leather cover of the book. 

"When you return to Harlaw your family will expect you to marry; whichever man you marry will expect you to be able to run a household." You had to bite this inside of your cheek to stop yourself from growling at the man. You were determined to avoid becoming some random lord's little wife, and you were certain the lessons would be less than useful. "And I am teaching you because your antics left Septa Mordane rather nervous."

You released a small bubble of laughter, biting your lip when he raised his eyebrows in disapproval. "She's too easily startled," you claimed softly, your smile still etched onto your lips.

"You threatened to kill the poor woman." You shrugged slightly, still resting comfortably against the back of the chair. In all honesty, you had been too extreme in your attack against Septa Mordane, but she had been pushing you for weeks. And how were you to know that she was deathly afraid of the Stark children's Dire Wolves? Or that they themselves were rather unfond of the plump little woman? Besides, it had been funny, and you idea to hide a small chunk of raw bacon in her habit had left all of the Stark children laughing; even Sansa, who was usually a complete stick in the mud when it came to misbehaving.

"She had it coming," you answered, watching as he released a deep sigh. "You are all so set on changing me."

He nodded, "because, if we do not, you will never amount to anything."

You scoffed slightly, getting to your feet and taking a few steps away from the door. "Rest assured, I will not be changing for you, or for Septa Mordane, or anyone else for that matter," you paused slightly, taking a deep breath. "Any changes I make will be my decision, and they will be for me."

You were unsure when you had begun to sniffle, but by the time you reached your chambers you were, just barely, holding back floods of tears. How dare he speak to you that way? You were a Lady of the Iron Islands, and destined to be far greater than any stupid Maester could ever comprehend. But still you felt the tears unleash, and you were crying as though you would never feel happiness again.

*Time Skip*

"Did you hear about Y/N?" You were certain that Robb would never have spoken about you in such a manner where he aware of your close proximity, but the boy had never been particularly good at surveying his surroundings. Theon hummed slightly, an invitation for his friend to continue talking. "Sansa said she saw her running through the halls crying last night." Robb released a small chuckle, "hard to imagine she is physically capable of crying, to be honest."

You heard a dull thud, and then a short whine from Robb. "Don't talk about her like that."

"Like what?" Robb exclaimed, "you know how she can be as well as I do."

Theon sighed, "it isn't nice."

"Since when did you care what's nice?" 

"Just leave her alone, she's obviously having a hard enough time without you spreading rumours."

Robb scoffed slightly, "she brings it on herself." Another dull thud. ""It's not like I'm lying. Sansa saw her crying."

"And Sansa can't lie?"

You hadn't noticed the smile on your lips as you listened to Theon defending you, but as you got to your feet and turned to face their backs it was as wide as it could possibly be. You took a few quiet steps in their direction before finally speaking. "Morning," you spoke as sweetly as possible, sliding onto the bench between the two boys and seperating them. "What are you talking about?"

"Robb was just being a dick." The words almost broke through your sweet fecade, but you managed to hold back the laughter as you forced a playful frown onto your lips. 

"What did you do?" Both boys stayed quiet. "Come on, just tell me so I don't have to spend all day bothering it out of you."

"I was just saying," Robb started quietly, "that Sansa told me that she saw you crying."

You allowed a chuckle to slip through your lips, your eyes locking onto Robb's. "What? Me?" you paused for a moment, cocking your head to the side as you continued to watch him. "I just don't think that I'm physically capable of forming tears. Don't you agree Robb?"

Theon released a snort of laughter from behind you, his hand clapping you on the back as he attempted to stop his drink coming out of his nose. 

"I didn't mean," Robb started, but you shook your head.

"I know exactly what you meant. Little Iron Islander's always so teasing and mean, she can't possibly have real feelings." He looked rather ashamed as you spoke, and you allowed a small smile to come to your lips. "Don't worry, I get it." You pushed back off of the table, getting back to your feet and heading for the door. 

It took a few seconds before you heard feet slapping against the floor, and Theon was by your side. "Don't let that idiot bother you," he started but you shook your head.

"He doesn't bother me." Lies. It bothered you more than you were willing to admit for your friends to think you were so incapable of having proper emotions. "But thanks for sticking up for me."

Theon shrugged, "I'm still hoping that if I'm nice enough you might take my advances seriously for once." You let out a light laugh, shaking your head slightly. But when you finally glanced in his direction his mouth was squeezed tightly shut, and he looked as uncomfortable as he had that time you had seen him fall from his horse right into a pile of fresh shit.

"I don't mean to keep pushing you away." It was a simple sentence, but it seemed to calm Theon almost entirely. "But you have one of the worst reputations in the Seven Kingdoms, and Maester Luwin already thinks I'm a complete fuck up."

You both stayed silent as you continued to walk, with no end point in mind. "Did he really say that?" There was a sharpness to Theon's voice that you hadn't heard before. 

"Not in so many words," you started softly, biting down on your lip to stop the wave of tears that were harbouring behind your eyes, waiting to spill over. "He doesn't have to."

"I think you're amazing," he uttered softly, and as you glanced at him you saw that he had his attention completely fixed on you already. "I mean, You're smart, and funny, and you are by far the prettiest woman I've ever seen. You're practically perfect, even if you can be a little bit crazy sometimes."

You weren't sure how it happened, but a second later your lips were on his, your hands on his cheeks, holding him as close as you could get him. You almost wished that you could regret that kiss. Everyone you knew would tell you that you should be ashamed. But in all honesty, you had never met a man so perfect for your shifting moods than Theon.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x