Theon Greyjoy X Stark!Reader - Maybe This Time

"I will need Y/N in the capital with me," your father spoke softly, patting your shoulder lightly as you smiled up at him, "to help me keep the girls in line."

"With the greatest respect, Lord Stark-" Theon paused for a moment, his eyes meeting yours as you placed a comforting hand on his knee, "-Y/N's place is here, with me."

Your father snorted slightly, his smile softening as he watched your interactions with your husband. "You will be coming with us, Theon."

A small chuckle escaped your throat at Theon's awkward nod. He always had the been a bit too quick to panic, especially where you were concerned, and now was no different. "Thank you, Father. May we be excused to begin preparations for our journey?"

Lord Stark nodded, clapping his son by law on the shoulder lightly as they passed one another. You were always happy with the love that was between them, it made life so much more comfortable to know that your two favourite men cared for one another so fondly. 

"Did you know?" Theon asked you softly, as you tucked your hand into the crook of his arm, smiling up at him.

"He'd suggested the idea, but I wasn't certain anything would come of it."

Theon hummed, "And you want to go to King's Landing?"

You bit down on your bottom lip lightly, giving a small shrug. "Not really, but Father needs us-" you paused for a moment, "-both of us. I don't trust the Lannister's and  there will likely be places I will be unable to go; you will not be limited as I will." 

He nodded his understanding, his free hand moving to rest on top of yours. 

*Time Skip*

You had been right all along. The Lannister's were not to be trusted, and yet you had allowed yourself to lose sight of their plotting. It was too easy to become distracted in the capital, what with all of the tourneys and visiting guests, and of course now that you had discovered that you were with child you had become even more absent-minded. 

The moment you had heard of your father's capture you had been lost. Theon, always the first to react, had grown restless in your chambers, pacing as though he thought it would make a difference. 

"We ought to write to Robb, tell him to march the entire north down here and take your father back by force." You tutted as he continued to cross the room, back and forth, back and forth, until you finally grew tired of it.

"And what good will that do?" Theon paused, looking over at you. "The moment they hear of a Northern rebellion they will murder all of us. You, Me, Father, Sansa. We wouldn't live to see the end of the week." 

Theon pressed his eyes shut, considering your words. "Who's to say they won't kill us anyway?" He was right, there was every chance that someone could come marching into your chambers at any moment and slaughter you both. "They killed Septa Mordane, they killed Jory."

"And they haven't killed us yet," you told him, reaching out and drawing him towards you by his hand. "There is still a chance that they could allow us to live. From what I can tell, Sansa is still betrothed to Joffrey, and Father is still to have a trial." 

He pulled his hand gently from yours, crouching to rest it lightly against your stomach. "He can't grow up here," he muttered, listening as you released a deep sigh. "We are Greyjoy's; if we were to request it of the King, we could go back to the Iron Islands without a fuss."

"I am not abandoning them here," you yelped, shifting suddenly out of his grip and causing him to topple backwards onto his arse. "They are our family, we can't just walk away."