Sandor Clegane X Lannister!Reader - Breathless

A/N - This imagine is based on the song 'Breathless' by The Corrs. I hope you all enjoy it.

You weren't quiet certain which of you had started all of your teasing, but it seemed like it had been going on forever. Sandor would send you snarky little comments, and you would flirt with him endlessly. You supposed it was just part of spending so much time together. With him as your guard, he was around you more than anyone else, and you had gotten to know him rather swiftly in the hopes of making friends.

How it had turned from such innocent chatter into endless flirting and teasing, neither of you was sure. Not that either of you minded. It was fun to be able to be so open and silly with someone without the chance of being scolded for behaving in such an unladylike fashion.

It wasn't until a few months into your friendship that you noticed how his flirting effected you. You found yourself craving his attention, and when he would give it to you, your cheeks would heat up and you'd get all breathless. But there was no way you would ever tell him that. Likelihood is that the teasing would stop, and the idea of that was beyond comprehension. 

"Morning, Princess," Sandor muttered as he entered your chambers, a smile on his lips that made your heart skip a beat. No, you reminded yourself firmly, Sandor was your guard and you had to keep some semblance of professional-behaviour by not burst into giggles as soon as he entered a room. 

"You aren't supposed to enter a woman's chambers without knocking," you uttered, glancing up at him with a grin, before returning to your book.

Sandor snorted as he took a seat at the table, leaning back to kick up his feet. "But you aren't just any lady, are you Sweetheart?"

Your cheeks burned as you rolled your eyes at him. "Feet down," you started, swatting at his shoes with a free hand. 

He released a half-hearted grumble as he allowed his feet to drop back to the ground. "What are we doing today?"

"I was hoping to read in silence, but you are making that very hard," you chuckled, folding your book closed and shaking your head. 

"Since when did you start enjoying silence?" he murmured, his smile fixed firmly on his lips. "You never shut up," he added, causing you to let out a faux gasp of surprise.

"Sandor Clegane, is that anyway to talk to a lady?" you scolded softly, watching as he held back his laughter, jaw tightening slightly.

Sandor shrugged. "We've already come to the conclusion that you aren't a normal lady."

"Then please, enlighten me. What kind of lady am I?" 

There was a moment of silence as Sandor attempted to think of the words to give you. "The good kind."

You rolled your eyes, sitting back in your chair and tilting your head backwards to stare up at the ceiling. "I think my father would disagree with you."

"I don't give two shits whether he agrees or not. You're fun," he told you, his eyes lingering on your as you sat completely still, eyes fixed upwards.

"That's sweet," you started, a smile spreading on your lips as you sat back up. It was Sandor's turn to go red, his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. 

"It's the truth," he finally uttered, and your smile only spread, causing his heart to stutter in his chest.

You both sat in silence for a moment, just looking at one another. "I really like spending time with you," you murmured, breaking the quiet of the room and watching as Sandor's lips turned up into a small smile.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," you reaffirmed, shifting your seat back slightly. "Every other guard I've had has been an absolute stick in the mud. I was so bored." You silently cursed yourself for backing out so quickly. You'd had the perfect moment to tell him how you felt and you'd turned into a scared little child in an instant.

"Well, I'm glad I can keep you entertained," he uttered.

Sandor watched as you got to your feet, going to place the book back on its shelf. "It's not just guards," you added softly, pausing before turning back to look at him. "You're the only person I've ever met who seems to actually enjoy my company." You licked your lips, considering your next words very carefully. "My father thinks I'm too wild, and Cersei thinks me boring. Tyrion ran off, to gods know where, as soon as he got the chance, and Jaime, hells, Jaime's so concerned with his duty that it's incredible he even knows I exist." You swallowed and cleared your throat as Sandor got to his feet, his face a mask of concern. "And you're so nice to me, and it's like my mind completely loses control of itself. I can hardly imagine how lonely I'd be if it weren't for you, and I don't want to scare you away, but-"

You were cut off by the feeling of Sandor's hand on your arm, and as your eyes met his you realised just how much control you had truly lost. You'd told him all he had needed to here. "You won't scare me," he murmured, and your brows pulled together in confusion. A moment later, he was kissing you, his lips so soft against yours that it was hard to imagine that the belonged to the man in front of you.

As Sandor pulled away, his hand lingered on your cheek, holding you in place as he stared into your face in search of any discomfort. "Wow," you uttered, taking a deep breath. "Thank you." 

With that, Sandor let out another chuckle, leaning in to press his forehead to yours. "You don't need to thank me; I've been waiting to do that for months."

"Really?"

"Of course. I've never met someone so perfect in all my life," he grumbled, causing a choked laugh to catch in your throat. No one had ever called you perfect before. You'd always been the problem child, the black sheep, something to be fixed. But Sandor didn't see that. He saw you. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x