Euron Greyjoy X Lannister!Reader - How Far I'll Go.

A/N- This imagine is based on the song How Far I'll Go by Auli'i Cravalho from the film Moana. I absolutely adore it and have been listening to it a tonne as I write my Masters dissertation project. I hope you all enjoy it.

King's Landing had been your home for as long as you could remember. You had never minded, not really. In fact, you loved being surrounded by the sea, but it never felt like it was quite enough. You wanted something a little less... boring. Freedom. Of all of the things that King's Landing could be, it wasn't free. Not to you, at least. 

Your mother had always had a tight grip on your doings, and you always had supervision. It was fine when you were a child, a free playmate with no choice but to be around you, but as an adult, it was stifling. You couldn't go three steps without someone hovering around you. 

And so, you had decided to remain in your secluded chambers, overlooking the ocean. You spent so much of your time looking out at the horizon that it had become an obsession, wondering what was beyond all that you could see. You could spend hours making up stories of pirates and sea creatures and entire unfounded civilisations, far from the life you were leading.

You were doing just that when your mother knocked at your chamber door. You quickly tore yourself away from your thoughts and crossed the room, opening the door for her to enter.

"We are to have visitors," she had told you softly, her hand brushing your hair back out of your eyes. "From the Iron Islands."

Your heart skipped a beat for a moment. Real-life pirates were coming to King's Landing and you would get to meet with them. "When?"

"Soon. The Greyjoys run to their own timeline, unfortunately." 

You nodded enthusiastically, grinning at your mother.

"You will be expected to attend our meeting. Euron Greyjoy has requested it."

Your smile faded for a moment. "Why?"

"Gods know. You ought to keep your wits about you where he is concerned." Your mother paused for a moment, reaching up to cup your cheek in her palm. "Make sure you look pretty for him, sweetness."

*Time Skip*

You had been standing beside your mother's throne for what felt like an age, with no sign of Euron Greyjoy anywhere. Your corset was already becoming uncomfortable, and you found yourself shifting on the spot in an attempt to give yourself some relief from it. 

"Stand still."

You paused for a moment, straightening out your skirts. "Sorry, Mother."

Your uncle Jaime glanced at your for a moment, frowning slightly. And then the doors were thrown open, revealing a wild-looking man.

Euron Greyjoy was everything you had expected and more. His wild grin and swagger-filled walk told you all you had to know about him and a small smile appeared on your lips as you watched him approach the throne.

His eyes landed on your for a moment, and he sent you a wink, leaving you breathless for a moment as you averted your eyes.

"Your Grace," Euron started, his voice thick and deep. "Thank you for welcoming me into your home." His eyes never left you as he spoke, and your own eyes remained firmly on your hands.

"It is our pleasure, My Lord." Your mother was watching him with a glare.

"You must introduce me to your wonderful family, Your Grace."

Your mother sighed, and got to her feet, gesturing for you to take a few steps forward. "This is my daughter, Y/N."

Euron grinned up at you, "And a beauty she is, too."

"And I understand that you already know my brother," your mother continued, though Euron's eyes never left you.

"Yes, I know the Kingslayer," he paused for a moment, "he is far less interesting to look at than the Princess."

You felt your cheeks heating up and shifted on the spot uncomfortably for a moment until your mother's hand landed on your arm. "You are excused, Y/N." 

Euron's grin dropped as you started moving towards the doors, passing by him quickly, until his hand landed on your arm. "Perhaps you could show me the capital, whilst I am on land."

You glanced back at your mother for a moment and watched as she nodded. "I would be delighted to, My Lord."

Euron let out a laugh so sudden that it made you jump slightly. "Of course, the voice is as hypnotising as the face."

"Have a guard fetch me when you are ready to tour the Red Keep," you uttered softly, pulling your arm out of his grip and walking quickly out of the room.

*Time Skip*

It wasn't even an hour later that there was a knock on your chamber doors, and when you pulled it open you saw Euron standing there with your guard beside him.

"I've come to collect you, Princess."

"Wonderful," you started, stepping outside and pulling the door shut behind you. "What is it you'd like to see?"

Euron paused for a moment, considering his answer. "Whatever you want to show me." 

"Then we can start with the gardens, they are beautiful this time of year." 

Your guard followed behind the two of you as you led him out of the Red Keep and into the hedge-lined gardens. You were walking in silence for a long time until you finally built up the courage to speak.

"What is it that brought you to King's Landing, My Lord?"

"A ship," he answered, watching as your brow furrowed. He burst into laughter. "I am here to strike an alliance with the Queen."

"I see."

"And of course, all alliances are bound by marriage."

You paused for a moment, glancing at him. "If you intend to marry my mother, you will find that she is rather hard to tie down."

"Who said anything about marrying your mother?"

You let out a small burst of laughter. "So it is me you plan to wed?" Euron nodded. "You would have to be insane to think my mother would ever let me leave the capital."

"Perhaps," he uttered, his voice softening, "but I can tell that you would happily come with me if it weren't for her."

You sighed slightly, "you are very good at reading people, My Lord."

"Yes, I've made a habit of it." 

"I've never left the capital." The words fell from your tongue so effortlessly and left you feeling lighter than you had been in years. "I've always wanted to just go somewhere, anywhere, and see the world." 

"Then perhaps you could convince your mother to allow us to marry." He paused for a moment, "I would take you anywhere you would want to go." 

"Once the war is over, of course."

"My men could stay and fight for your mother. I could take you somewhere safe whilst the war continues."

You glanced over at your guard for a moment, "Leave us," you told him softly, watching as he hesitated before following your order. "You would truly take me anywhere?"

"Name a place and we can sail away."

You took a deep breath, "then I shall go to my mother this evening and discuss the alliance."

Euron was grinning when you looked over at him, his hand moving to touch the small of your back ever-so-lightly. He leaned in, pressing a kiss to your lips. "When you are my wife we will rule the world."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x