Sandor Clegane X Reader - So Am I (Part 2)

A/N- This is a second part to the chapter So Am I, based on the song of the same name by Ava Max. It is a little shorter than usual, but I hope you all enjoy it.

By the time you had brought your baby into the world, everything had begun to change. The new King, Tommen, was far more kind than his older brother, and you had been delighted when he was appointed. As much as Sandor had never liked the royal family, Tommen had always been his favourite, and he was honoured to stand as his guard. 

Sandor had wanted to be at your side as you gave birth, though the maester attempted to wave him away. No blood or gore would stop him from being there to support his wife when you needed him. So you had clung to his hand, holding back tears and crying out bloody murder as you brought your daughter into the world.

Your first memories of your baby were of Sandor's wide-eyed gaze as she was placed into his arms, so small that he could hold her in the palms of his hands if he had wanted to. He was so in awe of his tiny little angel that he hardly noticed your eyes on him as he cried, so caught up in her beauty that he could no longer hold back.

"She's perfect." His words came out as a strangled breath, and you chuckled as you reached out to rest your hand on his knee, drawing his attention down to you. "You did so wonderfully, sweetness." 

With that, he shifted your daughter in his grip, moving her to your chest and smiling down at you with such love that you felt your heart swelling. "She's half you," you uttered softly, feeling his hand come to grip yours lightly.

"No," he muttered, bringing your knuckles to his lips for a moment. "She's too beautiful for that. Much more like you."

You let out a frustrated grumble. "You're beautiful too," you huffed, feeling his laughter brush against your hand.

"Okay, sweetness." He leant forward and kissed your forehead, resting there for a moment before he pulled away. "You need to rest now."

"But she only just got here," you murmured, fighting back a yawn which eventually overcame you.

"Your husband is right, My Lady," the maester began, coming to take the baby from you, "you must rest."

You whined slightly as the baby was lifted from your chest. "She doesn't even have a name yet," you began protesting, until Sandor was right there, smiling down at you. 

"There is no rush," he told you softly, "we have forever with her."

With that information imbedded into your mind, you fell into a deep, restful sleep.

*Time Skip*

"Young lady, what do you think you are doing?" You watched as your daughter stilled on the spot, halfway through her newest task of leading one of the stray cats into your chambers. She turned to you slowly and smiling sweetly up at you, her toothy grin catching you off guard for a moment.

"He looked hungry," she uttered softly, looking so innocent that for a moment you almost forgot what it was she had been doing.

You shook your head and released a deep sigh. "I've told you before, the cats in the gardens aren't pets." You crossed the room, shooing away the animal and nudging your daughter inside.

"Daddy said I could have a pet," she started, climbing up onto the bed and crossing her arms across her chest. It was so cute that you felt a bubble of laughter starting in your throat, only just covering it up with a small cough. 

"He meant a real pet, not some stray you've led into our chambers and trapped." You shook your head. "Your father will be good on his word, but you must be more patient."

"But-"

"No buts," you interrupted, raising an eyebrow at her. "When has your father ever let you down?"

Your daughter let out a small sigh, "never." 

"Exactly," you smiled softly down at her, "you will have your pet, you just have to wait a little while."

She nodded. "Yes, Mummy."

It was then that your chamber doors opened and Sandor came striding into the room. "Ah, my beautiful girls together," he started, moving to kiss you softly on the lips before scooping your daughter up into his arms, causing her to burst into a fit of high-pitched giggles. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x