Reader x Petyr Baelish - The Man

A/N- This imagine is based (pretty loosely) on The Killer's song "The Man," which is catchy as fuck. I hope you all enjoy it, please leave some comments with any thoughts.

You smiled as you stood beside the new King, your hands folded in front of you. There was very little in your current appearance that could be faulted; your hair was impeccable, not a single strand out of place; your back was straight and you held your head high; and most importantly, you were smiling with the sweetness of the best Dornish wine. It had become common for you to stay near the King, watching over his talks and waiting patiently to answer any questions he may have for you. Tommen was just a boy, but it only made him easier to work with, and from where you were standing he was the only Baratheon King that would ever be worth a damn.

"Lady Y/N," he murmured, shifting in his seat to glance at you and watching as you moved forward to stand beside him.

"How may I help you, Your Grace?" You gave him a soft smile as he glanced over to his mother for a moment.

"I was wondering if you would find a suitable husband for my mother," he began, and though you managed to maintain your smile you mind reeled. "My wife has suggested that it would be best for her to have some company when she returns to Casterly Rock." You nodded in agreement.

"I was not aware that your mother had decided to return to Casterly Rock, Your Grace," you told him quietly and he nodded, almost absent minded in his movement.

"Margaery thought that it would be good for her to take some time outside of the capital, after what happened to Joffrey."

"I will see that suitable candidates are found, Your Grace, I should have that done for you as soon as possible." He smiled up at you again and you forced the smile back onto your lips.

"Thank you, Y/N, you are excused," he told you and you gave him a perfect curtsey before hurrying from the room, attempting to keep up your unflustered persona.

It didn't take you long to reach your study, and as soon as you had the door closed you let out a deep sigh. Cersei would be out for blood when she found out about her son's newest idea, though she would be unable t question him in public. The responsibility would fall on you, and you were never keen on being belittled by the Queen Regent; she was more than capable of being cruel to anyone who got in her way.

You reached for a book that sat on your desk, one that held the names of each Lord and Lady in the Seven Kingdoms. You had been listing them each time one had come of age, and soon it had become useful in helping the King. A knock on the door startled you, and the book fell from your fingers, smacking the stone floor in a hard slap and causing you to jump again. "Who is it?" you called out, the sweetness still laced through your words.

"Take a wild guess," the voice demanded and you let out a light chuckle as you crossed the room and pulled the door open, leaving the book where it lay on the floor.

"Petyr, you startled me," you told him softly, leaning up for a quick kiss before allowing him to enter the room.

He chuckled as he took one of the seats, "what is it that the little King has you doing this time?" You released a tense sigh and watched as Petyr's brows furrowed. "Surely it is nothing too bad," he added and you shrugged, pressing the door closed and moving to sit beside him.

"He wants me to find a husband for the Queen Regent, though it seems he has not yet asked her for her opinion on the matter." You allowed your long fingers to rub at your temples, attempting to release the headache that you could feel building already.