Jaime Lannister X Reader - Hold Me While You Wait

A/N- This imagine was inspired by the song 'Hold Me While You Wait' by Lewis Capaldi and I felt that the lyrics represented Jaime's attempt at romance quite well. Also, it's a very pretty song. Sorry, it's another short one, but I hope you all enjoy it.

Jaime was going to leave you. You had known it from the very first moment he had kissed you, his lips pressed so perfectly against yours. And then he had faltered, and something had changed in the embrace. 

It seemed that you weren't quite the woman you had thought you were. When you were younger you had talked at length about the wives of wealthy lords and the way they would do anything to keep their husbands happy. You had declared to your sisters that you would never become one of those women, would never beg for someone to love you, would never allow yourself to be trapped by some man. 

But Jaime had been so kind to you, his smile so charming that it was like every single part of your resolve had left your body in an instant, leaving you so utterly enamoured that you could hardly think straight.

"Darling," you had uttered one evening, as he rested his eyes in your bed, your fingers tracing over his chest ever so lightly. "When will we be married?"

He released a short cough at your words, not even bothering to open his eyes when he answered. "I don't know."

"Perhaps we could bring it forward," you told him, leaning forward to press your lips against his shoulder and smiling sweetly into his skin.

"No." Your smile fell from your lips.

"But if we did we could announce our engagement at the Hand's Tourney."

His eyes opened as he shifted out of your grip, getting to his feet and padding over to where his trousers lay on the ground, where he had shed them less than an hour before as he made his way into your bed. 

"Jaime, please stay." You shuffled forwards on the bed, reaching a hand out to him, your frown etched deep onto your lips. "I'm sorry; I won't mention it again."

Jaime paused in his movements, looking back at you for just a moment before going back to fastening his trousers. "I have to go."

"Oh-" you paused, sitting up a little straighter, "-when will you be back?"

"I don't know." 

You nodded slightly, slipping from the bed and taking a few tentative steps towards him. "I'll miss you," you uttered softly, your words shaken and unsure of themselves as they dropped from your tongue.

"I'll see you later."

And then he was out the door, leaving you standing naked and alone in your bedchambers.

No, you had always known that Jaime had no intention of staying with you, but it didn't keep you from hoping. Hoping that one day he would come to his senses and discover that you truly loved him. Hoping that he would eventually give up on whoever else he was so clearly infatuated with. Hoping that perhaps he would love you back someday. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x