Chapter 19: Maya

Bright sunlight streamed through the windows straight into my sleepy eyes. To get away from the intrusive light I rolled over, only to be turn face first into a hard chest. Cracking my eyes open, I looked to see Nick still sleeping on the couch with me on top of him.

Last night's events came flooding back to me as I looked at his sleeping face.

I finally kissed him. Granted it was in my bathroom right next to my toilet, but it was awesome all the same. I went in with mild expectations, but he exceeded them. I did think it was funny that his mask wouldn't come off. I tried my best not to laugh at him when I saw him standing there with his face dripping wet and light pink. I hold myself responsible for him not being able to take it off, but if he would have done it himself I might not have been able to kiss him. See I always have my own best interest at heart.

Post bathroom make-out Nick wanted to watch a movie with me. And that is what we intended to do, but I caught him staring at me several times. He did something that if he was any other person I would have slapped them in their face, but I spared him--he pinched my cheeks. Not my ass, which to me would make more sense, but no-- my face. He's lucky that he's one of the hottest and nicest guys I'd ever met because if not he would've gotten punched in the face.

Doing to him what he did to me I squeezed his cheeks while he was sleeping. That should wake him up.

"Maya," he said with his eyes still closed. "What are you doing?"

"I'm admiring how cute you are," I mocked him.

He cracked his eyes open. "You're mocking me first thing in the morning."

I squeezed his face a little harder. "Yeah, isn't that the best way to wake up?"

"Only with you," he said. His hair was a mess, and stubble covered his jaw, giving me the beard vibes that I craved so deeply. God, I really want him to grow a beard.

"You are so...."

"Handsome." He smirked placing his hands over mine so they stayed on his face.

"Corny."

He glared at me, "My answer was better."

I shrugged. "That's your opinion. Are you hungry?"

"A little bit," he replied. I for one am starving and craving waffles.

"Do you want to go get breakfast with me?" I asked hoping he wouldn't say no. "I mean if you're not busy."

"I'm not busy, I would love to come," he said. "Do you have anywhere in mind?"

"There's this place I like near the mall. I go there before work sometimes."

He ran his hand up and down my back. "Then that's where we'll go. I'll drive if you want."

I gave him a quick kiss. "You are a saint."

He laughed. "Not really."

I got off of him and stood from the couch. I looked down at my old sweatpants and holey t-shirt. "I'm going to get changed."

He sat up running a hand down his face. "You wouldn't have a spare toothbrush would you?"

"There might be one under the bathroom sink." I bought a two pack when I moved, in case of an emergency, like if I dropped mine in the toilet.

"I'll look for that while you get changed." he yawned. With the thought of waffles in mind, I quickly changed into a pair of leggings and a t-shirt without holes. I could hear the faucet running in the bathroom so I assumed he found a toothbrush. I should brush my teeth too.