Chapter 34: Nick

"Where is she?" I asked when Nia and Tasha opened the door. Nia looked like hell, but Tasha didn't look that bad.

Nia put her hands over her ears. "Oh, your voice it's so loud."

"Sorry," I apologized. Tasha held the door opened for me to come in. Stepping inside, I could definitely tell they had a party, or their version of one. Every snack that Maya had was laid on her coffee table, pillows littered the floor. Lavender laid on the couch with a blanket over her face.

"They're light weights," Tasha said coming up next to me. She looked fine, happy even. "What's in the bag?"

"Breakfast," I said handing it to her. "And here's some Gatorades." I looked over at Lavender's miserable form laying on the couch. "You look like you could use it."

Nia immediately took the bag and went to Lavender with it. Pulling out a bottle she began to gulp down the red liquid. Light weights, indeed.

"Where's Maya?" I asked again, since no one answered me the first time.

"I think she's throwing up in the bathroom," said Tasha digging in the greasy bag.

"Please don't say throw up," Lavender groaned.

She rolled her eyes, "She's been in there all morning."

"Great, thanks," I said not standing by to make anymore conversation. I pushed the bathroom door open to find Maya's small body curled up on the floor and her head resting on the side of the bathtub. She wore a pair of small shorts, and her favorite sleeping t-shirt. The bathroom did heavily smell like vomit.

I walked in silently closing the door. Her bathroom was tiny, much like the rest of the apartment, so there was barely enough room for the two of us in there. "Maya, baby, wake up," I said softly trying to wake her. I sat next to her leaning against the bathtub. Gently I moved her so she sat in my lap with her head against my chest.

"Nick," she said looking up at me through squinted eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"You called me remember?" I'll never forget that phone call for as long as I live, I wish I had recorded it.

She shook her head. "No, what did I say?"

"Lots of things."

"Embarrassing things?"

I hesitated. Just that you loved me a hundred times. "I thought they were very sweet."

She closed her eyes, letting out a groan. "They were embarrassing."

"I like that you think I'm the most beautiful boy in the world." I held her close running my hand up and her back.

"Oh my God," she said into my chest. "No."

"Don't worry about it right now," I told her. But I would be coming to collect my kisses later.

"I can't believe you're here after the things I said," she said quietly, her eyes still closed. "You should never want to speak to me again."

"No," I said. "I shouldn't have sprung that on you so soon."

"Don't apologize," she said. "Don't apologize for saying that you....for saying what you said. I should apologize for yelling at you about it. I'm sorry."

I kissed her forehead, that was slightly sweaty. "I forgive you."

I held her close as she rested against me. "My brain feels like it's going to explode," she complained. "Alcohol is the devil."