Chapter 27: Maya

"Nick, can you stop touching my face, please."

We were supposed to be watching a movie. After him bringing up his full eight movie collection every day, I had finally let him convince me to watch Fast & Furious, with sound, but he hasn't been watching. Running his fingers over my jaw, he was making it hard to focus on the sexy men driving fast cars. And what was the point if I missed that?

I'd help him take pictures of my car for his college application, and I'd say chances of him getting in are pretty high. He's so talented it's hard to believe sometimes. I get compliments every time I drive my car now.

His head rested in my lap, staring up at me with his stormy blue eyes. He smirked, "Now why would I want to do that?"

"Because you wanted to watch this," I told him. "This was your idea, so the least you can do is pay attention."

Smiling, he apologized. "I'm sorry."

"No, you're not."

Ever since he's finished my car, he's been very affectionate. Constantly kissing me, holding my hand, putting his arms around me. Maybe he's always been this way and I never noticed before, but it's been a big adjustment for me.

It's not that I don't like it, it's just hard getting used to it. I've never been someone that's necessarily craved affection, I never thought it was necessary. I hadn't gotten it from any of the guys I'd dealt with in the past, but there's no comparison between them and Nick.

"You're right," he said. Followed unexpectedly by, "I think you like me."

Running my fingers through his hair, I said, "You think a lot."

It felt silky between my fingers. There was now a thick layer of facial hair on his jaw, now that he has a beard he looks even more handsome than he did before. Now it was my turn to run my fingers over his jaw.

"I do," he agreed, closing his eyes. "Do you want to know what else I think?"

"I would say no, but I know you're going to tell me anyway."

"You're right, again" he brushed his finger against my nose, "You're so smart."

I wrinkled my nose, swatting his hand away. He was going to make me sneeze. "Is that what you were thinking?"

He held my hand, and brought it down to his lips. After pressing a kiss to it, he said, " No, I was thinking you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my entire life."

I laughed, uncomfortably. Here he goes. "Yeah, right. I think you're a liar." The most sarcastic, maybe, but the most beautiful, definitely not.

"No, it's true. You're the cutest most lovable girl I have ever met." He leaned up and kissed me. Breathing him in, I felt my heart starting to race in my chest.

"You're a clown," I said against his lips. I pulled away from him slightly, beginning to become overwhelmed by him. Overwhelmed is something I always feel when he's around. "How about instead of telling me what you think you tell me what you know."

"I know I love you," he said, and I felt all the air go out of my lungs.

"You what?"