Chapter 33: Maya

"Meow."

The otherwise quiet meowing might as well have been coming through a megaphone with the pounding headache I woke up with. My head throbbed, and everything seemed too loud. The buzzing of my fan, Charlie's meowing, everything was just too much.

"Charlie, please, stop," I said, roughly. I laid sprawled on my bedroom floor, where I'm assuming I fell asleep, because I can't remember a damn thing after drinking that peach flavored poison. I opened my eyes just to close them again. Too much sunlight.

Charlie was not going away, in his cat mind it was time for breakfast, and he wasn't going to leave me alone until I served him.

"Okay, I'm up! I am up, Charlie!" He had went as far as to climb on my chest. I love him, I swear I do, but today was not the day.

Moving him off my chest, I stood up from the floor suddenly hit with a horrible wave of nausea. I put a hand over my mouth trying to stop whatever was ready to spew out of my mouth. Charlie might have to wait on that breakfast.

I ran to the bathroom barely getting to the toilet before puking my brains out.

It was like a never ending roller coaster. When I thought I was done, I just got sick all over again.

Tasha pushed open the bathroom door, "Hey, can you keep it down in here? If I have to listen to you throw up I might throw up."

"Can you feed Charlie?" I asked my head still hung over the toilet.

"You guys are a bunch of light weights. Nia's already puked in the trash twice and she didn't even drink as much as me," she said sounding disappointed.

I could only offer her a sad thumbs up in response before I began puking again.

"Gross," she sneered in disgust before closing the door.

I stayed over the toilet for a few more minutes even after I had stopped vomiting I remained seated just in case.

On shaky legs, I got up to brush my teeth. I looked a mess.

My eyes were red and runny from my hangover, and my face was now covered in a sheen of sweat from being sick. And I still had a throbbing headache. The rest of my body was sore from sleeping on my bedroom floor.

I'm almost glad Nick can't see me. Almost, but not really.

I want more than anything for him to be here. He always makes me feel better. I miss him so much it hurts. Or maybe I just think it hurts because I'm so hungover.

Through the bathroom door I could hear Nia and Tasha talking, Tasha more than Nia. How she wasn't more hungover, I couldn't fathom. Maybe my alcohol tolerance isn't as high as I thought it was.

I didn't feel like interacting with anyone yet, so I sat on the floor and rested my head against the bathtub.

Closing my eyes, I just took a moment to breathe.

I feel like since that night I got the wind knocked out of me and I haven't been able to catch my breath since.

I want to tell him I love him. But when is the appropriate time to do that? Do you just say it out of nowhere? Can I make an appointment?

He was so cute when he said it to me, too bad I didn't appreciate when I had the chance.

He's so cute. I love him.

Now that I know that will I think about it all the time? I mean, I do think about him all time. I don't know I've never been in love with someone before I don't know what to do.

Maybe I should talk to Maggie she's been in love before she would know what to do. That old lady knows everything.

Sighing, I felt myself beginning to feel a little less like shit. But only a little, I still wasn't ready to leave the bathroom yet.

Pulling my legs up to my chest I wrapped my arms around them letting my head rest on the side of the tub. I'm just going to rest my eyes for a little bit.

Hi! I'm back from my much needed vacation of chilling by the beach and reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before (if you haven't watched or read it you should) and I feel so much better and ready to write. By the time you read this chapter I will finally be 21 (woohoo), but I just want to say how grateful I am for everyone who reads my stuff. I started this account a year ago and I never would have imagined so many people would enjoy my work. I appreciate every single one of you.

Check out my other stories: East Chapel Academy, Cole & Jamie, and Camp Greenwood *New Chapter*