Chapter 25: Maya

Today has sucked major ass.

From beginning to end, I haven't been able to catch a break. I woke up to Charlie dragging my phone charger across the floor like it was one of his toys. He did not get a treat from me this morning, I'll tell you that. When I dropped Tasha off that my day took a turn for the worst.

I expected to get a little bit more attention when driving there in Nick's car. That's was no big deal. But Trey always has to run his big mouth and ruin shit.

"Woah, nice whip, Maya," Terrell said when I pulled into their driveway. He stood tall like his brothers, but he was body was framed with thick muscle. He was in the army, he only got back from his station in Texas a few months ago. "You finally got a new car."

"Not exactly," I said from the front seat. "Mines getting fixed right now. I'm borrowing this one."

"Oh," he said. "Nevertheless, it's really nice."

"Who let you borrow it, your sugar daddy?" Monique asked coming from the garage behind him. Trey's inconsistent girlfriend was almost as nerve wracking as he was. Maybe that's why they went so well together. Her leggings and low cut t-shirt bared her curves for the world to see. And her bone straight weave fell past her ass.

"Yeah, tell your dad to spring for the drop top next time," Tasha snapped at her getting out of the passenger seat.

Monique scoffed rolling her eyes. "Like my daddy would ever buy a car for her."

"You're right he wouldn't," Tasha smiled viciously. "Because he's a fucking bum. But like father like daughter, I guess."

I cackled I couldn't help it. Monique looked like she wanted to attack her, but she wouldn't do that. Because if she did Trey would drop her, and she couldn't have that.

"Trey!" she screamed storming back into the house. I stepped out of the car, leaning against the hood.

Tasha rolled her eyes. "What does she expect him to do? I'll call him a damn bum too."

"Your mouth is going to get you in trouble one of these days," Terrell warned her.

"It already does," she winked. "And maybe I like it."

He groaned. "Lord, you need Jesus, girl."

Trey then came out of the garage coming up to where we stood by Nick's car. "So you are driving a Benz," he said eyeing the car. "I didn't believe it when Monique told me."

"Why would anyone believe anything that comes out of that heifer's mouth?" Tasha asked. "Not only is she an idiot, but she's a compulsive liar."

He didn't bother to defend his girlfriend against his sisters insults keeping his attention on me. Unlike his brother, he wasn't built, Trey was slim in comparison. But they shared the same golden skin tone. He came outside in a short sleeve t-shirt despite the chill in the air. He didn't have on any of his chains so I figured he wasn't done getting dressed. But he'd made sure to slip his grill in before coming outside--priorities.

"Who bought it for you?" he asked looking me up and down.

"Not that it's any of your business," I stated. "But no one bought it for me. I'm just borrowing it."

He laughed, "Yeah, right. No guy is letting you drive his Benz without anything in return."

"Who says I borrowed it from a man?" I asked cocking my head to the side.

"You a lesbian like my sister now?"

"I'm bi, you idiot!" Tasha yelled at him. "There's a difference!"