Chapter 3

When I open the car door, Liam is in the driver's seat, Niall is in the passenger seat, and Zayn is in the back. I sit in the middle seat, in between Zayn and Harry.

"Is everyone doing alright tonight?" Niall asks, but I know he is mostly addressing Harry and I. Harry and I answer 'yes' at the same time, and we smile at each other. It still looks like Harry has been crying, so I whisper to him and he rubs his eyes. Zayn and I make jokes and laugh while on our way to the club when Zayn jokingly, and obviously lightly, punches me a couple times. I pretend to be hurt, and Harry looks over at Zayn.

"What the hell Zayn?!" Harry scolds. Zayn puts his hands up defensively.

"Hey man, don't look at me, Louis started it." He says while laughing. I shout when I hear this, surprised.

"What! Me? I would never do anything that would make you punch me, Zayn." All the boys in the car laugh, including Harry. Everyone says this isn't true because apparently I can be a bit "intense" sometimes. I can tell Harry is still a bit bothered over the fact that Zayn punched me, so I tell him that it didn't hurt at all as I put my arm around him. Harry and I are quite protective over each other, especially when fans or paparazzi surround us, and because we can't hold hands or seem more focused on each other than we do the rest of the boys when we are in public. I turn around to look out the back window, and I see a black car trailing about 60 meters behind us. "For fucks sake." I sigh as I turn back around, forcefully push my back on the seat, and cross my arms over my chest.

"What's wrong love?" Harry asks. Just the sound of his voice makes me calm down a little. Out of the corner of my eye I see Zayn smiling when Harry calls me 'love'.

"The two people from management who talked to me today are behind us. They apparently double as security." I inform him.

"Lou, you know we can't go anywhere without security." Liam acknowledges, as if I didn't know that.

"I know that, but why does it have to be them?" I whine. Harry leans in and reassuringly whispers to me.

"Hey, you're okay. Don't let them keep you from having a good time tonight." Then he kisses me on the cheek and grabs my hand and holds it in his.

"You two are awfully affectionate today." Zayn says with a smirk.

"If we aren't now it'll drive me even crazier not being able to be by him tonight than it ready is." Harry explains.

"Because management's trying to screw us over." I mutter under my breath.

"You still have the bathroom." Niall adds, smiling at us and chuckling.

"Not even that! If people see us go in together they'll think something! Why can't this ever be easy?" I say, getting more frustrated. Harry always seems to know what to do to make me calm down; when I finish my rant he lets go of my hand and traces a line with his fingers from my wrist up to my elbow, and from my elbow up to my shoulder. Then he slowly rubs the back of my neck. I move closer to him, and whisper 'thank you' in his ear and kiss him on the lips.

"Do you want us to leave you two alone?" Zayn sarcastically asks. Liam and Niall laugh and I hit Zayn on the shoulder. "Ow! Sorry mate." Zayn says as he rubs his shoulder.

"We're here boys! Let's have some fun!" Liam enthusiastically shouts as he pumps his arms in the air. We have to stay in the car and wait for security to come and get us so we won't be exposed if fans see us. I look at Harry, who is still rubbing my neck. I know this is the last time we will be close to each other until we get home, whenever that may be, so I shift my body in order to face him. We hug and kiss each other, and I'm sure the boys sneak quick glances at us.

-